News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: soundcloud...  (Read 9430 times)

March 30, 2011, 04:24:28 AM
ive heard a couple times on here that people think soundcloud doesnt sound good. i dont c how that can be if u upload wavs which is what i do. anyone wanna shed some light on this? also ive compared my files with the uploaded files and i think they sound exactly the same.

thanks
-jal
keep it simple stupid

March 30, 2011, 07:20:56 PM
Sounds fine to me.  Placebo effect.

March 31, 2011, 04:01:07 AM
It may also have to do with whether you're allowing people to download the file, or only stream it. I think allowing downloads is the only way to ensure people get the actual file, unmodified.

March 31, 2011, 04:26:17 AM
i compared the stream to the original and it seems identical to me.
hey huntermusic try a wav or aiff and let me know what u hear please.

hey john is there any way besides clicking on the notify button to  be automatically notified of replies that u post on?
does that make sense? :)

thanks
-jalipaz
keep it simple stupid

March 31, 2011, 10:09:24 PM

I have a soundcloud account however I never use it...Not sure why.

I do notice when people post soundcloud links to mixes that sometimes when you click on play the file will not play...happens a lot for me and soundcloud.

April 01, 2011, 01:29:39 AM

I have a soundcloud account however I never use it...Not sure why.

I do notice when people post soundcloud links to mixes that sometimes when you click on play the file will not play...happens a lot for me and soundcloud.

hmmm... ive never had a problem with soundcloud playing. on pc or mac. it also loads soooo fast, faster then any other streaming player. i love it!
keep it simple stupid

April 01, 2011, 04:46:50 AM

Maybe its the computer not working properly or something...still running on XP which might not help the cause either.

• No avatar
May 02, 2011, 07:15:32 AM
Noticed no differnce in quality from soundcloud, although...

any possibility of us being able to embed the tracks into a post from soundcloud? (for those that want to?)
Republic of Western Australia

June 09, 2011, 12:50:30 PM
I think SC sounds the best out of em all tbh. I find SC keeps the file integrity pretty well as opposed to crappy players like myspace and such.

• No avatar
July 15, 2011, 03:42:07 PM
I always thought Soundcloud sounded fine even while streaming, but I recently posted an MP3 with a lot of weird harmonics that the Soundcloud could not handle - it sounds glitchy.  This is just in the streaming version.