News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: mp3 playback, session timed out  (Read 1524 times)

• No avatar
March 24, 2011, 06:18:29 PM
I like the imbedded mp3 player, but I'm developing a strong dislike for the way the next song on the thread automatically starts playing.  Sometimes it's the same mix you just listened to because the next poster quoted the original mixer, and the mp3 is imbedded in the quotation.  Forces you to search for what mix is playing.  Or sometimes you finish a mix, and hit reply to post some feedback and suddenly the next mix starts playing, and you can't stop it without leaving the reply, going back and turning off the mp3 player.

Very inconvenient.  Anyone else feeling the same about it?

Also, the session timed out function has too short of a fuse.  Frequently, I finish typing my response and the session has already timed out.  Like this one, which just timed out before I finished.

March 24, 2011, 07:31:53 PM
I'll see what I can do about the session timed out issue.

The Mp3 player is a bit quirky, I agree. You can turn it off by switching to the other template in your user preferences, under the 'Profile' tab, then click 'look and layout.'

March 24, 2011, 07:42:24 PM
I set the session length to 100 minutes, which should be long enough, I hope!

• No avatar
March 26, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
Thanks for the reply John.  Is there a time limit for posting a reply?  What I was referring to was when you hit reply and type out your response, then you hit the post button and it tells you it's timed out.  Is that for the overall session, or just a time limit on typing your reply?

March 27, 2011, 06:02:05 AM
I set the session cookie to last for 60 days, I think. The post editing timeout is now 100 minutes, so hopefully you won't have any further issues!

• No avatar
April 02, 2011, 01:55:18 AM
I set the session cookie to last for 60 days, I think. The post editing timeout is now 100 minutes, so hopefully you won't have any further issues!
Thanks John