News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: $5K...what would you buy? (Singer)  (Read 3352 times)

November 18, 2013, 06:09:57 PM
Home recording studios are the future. I can see big studios dying out like video and book stores are dying out now. It's a dodo in waiting.

November 18, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
Having said that I agree with what crtjstr says though, if you can find a good studio and someone experienced enough to get the job done for a decent price then that is always an option as well.

November 18, 2013, 06:14:02 PM

Quote from: Vincent on Today at 02:35:07 AM

>Quote from: vvv on November 17, 2013, 07:10:10 PM
"Demos" of what?

(BTW, and no judgment here, but do you realize hour
nom de plume could be interpreted as a nom de guerre?)

Demo is of your mom on her knees doing what she does best, It's an audio visual project.

Is this your idea of humor?  You don't know me well enough to expect that to be acceptable.

November 18, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
And from that you conclude what?

November 18, 2013, 06:23:24 PM
A little hostile there, no?

November 18, 2013, 06:34:01 PM
Bazinga

November 18, 2013, 07:08:29 PM
Home recording studios are the future. I can see big studios dying out like video and book stores are dying out now. It's a dodo in waiting.

I, and the majority of professionals that I talk to, disagree.  Quality & experience will not die.

Name me the last gold or platinum album you know of made in a bedroom.   ???
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe

November 18, 2013, 07:21:58 PM
Just because something is done at home doesn't mean it lacks quality and experience.

Like I said though having a proper studio to record helps however it can be done in any building that has the treatment and gear to record.

Studio isn't a special place. Its just treated rooms with instruments and mics just like a house. Who know's what albums will come out of people houses in the future. The potential is there.

November 18, 2013, 11:26:26 PM
I see some of the studios around me advertising online on that Kijiji site I buy and sell from. I go to their websites and listen to the mixes. I could do a way better job mixing if I had the gear they have. Not impressed at all.

November 18, 2013, 11:31:54 PM
I didn't say there aren't lousy studios. I said that bedroom recordings aren't as good as a professional working in a quality room with good kit.

I've never heard your mixes, so I don't know anything about your work. Most studios hire themselves put by the hour if you want to mix in them, though....
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe