News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Where The Sunset Sinks  (Read 11346 times)

October 12, 2013, 03:44:00 PM
Tested the M Audio C400

The unit has headphone monitoring issues from what I'm reading up on (should of researched a bit better)

However this interface/sound card will be great for mixing because it has plugins for a few sets of monitors (so you can check mix on small and larger monitors)

Here are some Fast Track C series videos.

http://community.avid.com/blogs/avid/archive/2011/10/04/behind-the-scenes-of-the-new-fast-track-c-series-interfaces-part-1.aspx

I may grab the firewire 410 off of Kijiji for actual tracking and use the C400 for mixing.(with monitor only)

8)

Going to keep watching these videos and use the C400 for the laptop (with windows 7) and use the firewire 410 for the recording PC (with windows XP on a newish dual core PC)

Windows 7 seems so slow and bloated compared to windows XP...Not a fan.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:46:06 PM by Vincent »

October 12, 2013, 03:48:36 PM

Will eventually upgrade to windows 7 (no choice)

IE wont even work for XP anymore.

Using firefox.

October 12, 2013, 04:08:40 PM

After watching the video again I'm wondering what type of plugins come with the pro tools SE software they give.

Time to find out I think.

October 12, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
Have the C400 headphone monitoring working now using the software they give to control the interface with.

Tinkered with the dsp reverbs (room,hall and plate) and delay and Echo.

There is one issue...Panning...when monitoring its panned right or left depending on which input I plug into.

Also tends to record the same way (left or right)

Learning curve with this thing.

October 13, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

Firewire 410

My newish dual core does not have a firewire input.

I have a few PC's that do have firewire input however will have to set one of them up for recording and keep this PC for the internut.

8)

October 13, 2013, 08:55:14 AM

Going to reorganize studio and get it more comfortable for recording...I want to be able to just turn the PC on and grab the guitar and just play with out much hassle of setting up.

Having separate PC for recording may end up being a good thing...It will all be set up and ready to go whenever inspiration hits.

Right now I move computer desk closer to recording booth when recording so my setup isn't working the way it is now anyway and is a hassle when i want to record.

October 13, 2013, 05:29:09 PM

Glad someone created another topic.

After I deleted a few songs I noticed the number of topics on forum was "666" for a while.

Sign of the end of times.

8)

Let's hope not anyway.

October 15, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

Spent yesterday and today reorganizing studio.

The older PC with firewire input had windows Professional however the firewire 410 would  not install so I grabbed my windows XP home edition and re installed and reformated the computer in hopes a fresh install may help.

After that I was able to get the latest XP drivers for the firewire 410 to install.

The intreface works and connects to reaper however I still have same issue with this interface.

Monitoring levels are low to none and playback is panned left or or right and not centered.

Must have to adjust things in the software control panel like the C400.

Glad I have the 410 fired up and working...Just don't know how to use it properly yet.

October 15, 2013, 05:10:20 PM
Some close up pics of half of the studio.

Still not set up the way I like it yet.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:12:10 PM by Vincent »

October 15, 2013, 05:14:00 PM

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:17:05 PM by Vincent »