News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: InnerVisions - White Lies & Take Control  (Read 1392 times)

• No avatar
August 12, 2013, 07:47:45 PM
Hey guys. :)

Looking for some feedback on a couple of tracks I worked on recently, by a small local band called InnerVisions who are a female fronted soul/blues band.

Anywho, these are the two tracks:

and

Appreciate any feedback! :) Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:45:54 PM by TheNameless »

• No avatar
August 15, 2013, 06:47:31 PM
Hey, first of all I really liked the groove and style of the band, plus the overall sound of both mixes !
I may change some things, most of them due to personal taste, and kind of take a different approach when mixing but that's really taste and nothing else.
However here are some couple of things I noticed from my point of view:

First song:
- More bass !  :) Not to the point of a regae track, but would definetly make it much louder and "fuller"
- I would make the highs in general a small cut, to hopefully achieve a more warmy and soft effect
- Regarding the voice, I love the sound of it, but I would go for a more dry effect regarding reverb and delay. I think that would give a little more presence and will not get lost in any part of the song
- In the other hand, in my opinion I think the guitars in general and specially the guitar solo could get much more reverb and will still be present, but without being "in your face" guitars. I personally like more subtle presence for this type of genre
- Finally, it may be a OCD deal  :) but I would tidy up the fades out at the end of the song, though they are almost unnoticeable

In the second song, funny enough I think all points of the first song were correctly adressed in my personal taste.
Love the guitars, the sound of the drums, love the sound, volume and tone of the bass, and amazing backing voices !

Overall, i really liked the final resutls of both songs, most of the things I noticed are purely taste decitions...

Congratulations on the work !  :)

Hope all this works for you in some way, and didn'y overwellmed you with so many coments  :)

Regards,
Alejo

PS: More a production thing but, I think a piano would be a great addition for both sound a would add a lot of texture in my opinion 
Online Mixing & Mastering Services
Affordable prices with professional result guaranteed !
Don't hesitate to contact me @ alejofornasari@gmail.com
https://soundcloud.com/alejo-fornasari

• No avatar
August 15, 2013, 08:53:02 PM
Hey! :)

Thanks for the feedback, and all taken into account.

Listening to the track again, I agree about the bass and guitars! definitely could do with some work still. Especially reverb on the guitars!

I'm going to give it another mix later on, and use your comments as a guide... And see what happens!

And, it means a lot that you didn't really find any faults (even personal taste) for the second song. This was the first EP I've fully recorded, mixed and mastered myself, so yeah, glad you liked it! :D

Also - the more comments, the better! Helps a lot!!

- David :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:57:16 PM by TheNameless »