News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Haas Effect  (Read 953 times)

• No avatar
June 29, 2013, 04:32:55 PM
Hey, I'm new to mixing and eqing. And I want my music to sound wide and full like the tracks on the radio. Does ain't body know about the Haas effect? How many instruments will you use this effect on? And how can you pan using this effect? Thank you :)

June 29, 2013, 07:26:35 PM
The Haas method is just a compromise that IMO should be avoided whenever possible. If you can, record double takes instead to create real stereo.

I use the Haas method on one instrument in one of 500 songs, or so ...

Honestly, I can only remember one single song that I used it on in the last 5 years, and that was a song with just one vocal track and one mono piano track.

Regards,
  Steffen

June 29, 2013, 07:58:55 PM
The Haas method is just a compromise that IMO should be avoided whenever possible. If you can, record double takes instead to create real stereo.

That.

Although that being said, I get enough poorly tracked songs to mix that it's a compromise that I have to make too often on guitars. And it's sometimes useful in R&B or hip hop vocals to thicken them up, when a double would be overkill.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe