News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Glorious Unknown Collab.  (Read 21030 times)

• No avatar
May 12, 2011, 05:35:32 AM
This has been pretty fun listening to all the additions.  I really like some of the things that have been added.  The bass line is the right idea, but some of the notes sound wrong.  I really like the drum track in certain parts. 

Mattski sent me a P.M. with some pretty radical changes that would take this song in a completely different direction.  Mattski, I think you should post it for everyone to hear, just to see what everyone thinks.  It would certainly give this song a completely new complexion.  I don't know where this will lead, but it could be a lot of fun.

Cool,

Please let me know which bass notes are wrong, so I can look at them and correct them. And as far as the drums, also let me know what would be better or different, so I can try that out as well.
I'm still mixing two albums at once, but we hit an overdub spedbump...so I am on hold for a day or two while those overdubs get sorted out... in NY...
At this point I'm just waiting on Mattski, who said he is working on some revisions that might just take this song in a whole different direction.  We'll see...

May 12, 2011, 03:09:39 PM
Ok... it should be interesting to hear!

May 12, 2011, 05:06:58 PM
We could build on both no!? ;)

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

• No avatar
May 12, 2011, 08:57:15 PM
You guys can take this anywhere you want.  It's all for fun, 'cause God knows it ain't gonna make us rich ;D

May 13, 2011, 02:09:48 AM
You guys can take this anywhere you want.  It's all for fun, 'cause God knows it ain't gonna make us rich ;D

You said it here... since I'm still waiting on the overdubs on one album...looks like I will play havoc with this song then...

• No avatar
May 27, 2011, 06:34:17 PM
Sorry guys, been mia here. Just got back from a trip.

So I layed down a quick ruff of possible progressions that'll work with the melody and the piano line in the chorus. There are still many to try out though...

May 27, 2011, 07:15:10 PM
Hey Mattski good to see you back!.
To me the last 3 are the ones that fit the vocal best imo. Which leaves room for other to do stuff, the others feels too busy to me.
Love the drums!.... tho may I suggest brushes in the verses and sticks in the chorus! to give it a little progression when we get that far! :D

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

• No avatar
May 30, 2011, 03:44:19 AM

So I layed down a quick ruff of possible progressions that'll work with the melody and the piano line in the chorus. There are still many to try out though...
Matti,

Pretty good stuff.  It's hard to pick a winner, they all sound good.  I think I like the ending of the last three the best though.  Maybe the third one is my favorite chord progression.

• No avatar
May 30, 2011, 07:39:45 PM

Matti,

Pretty good stuff.  It's hard to pick a winner, they all sound good.  I think I like the ending of the last three the best though.  Maybe the third one is my favorite chord progression.
I was leaning towards the 3rd progression as well. Seems to fit pretty well. Do you want to alter the verse's a bit as well?

• No avatar
May 31, 2011, 03:12:59 AM
Again, this is just for fun.  I grant you full creative license to alter anything you wish.