News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Glorious Unknown Collab.  (Read 14895 times)

April 27, 2011, 10:16:08 AM
Ok got them.....ehemmm :-X they still dont line up...
Did you edit the tracks when you got them, what I mean is did you edit out any silence at the start of the tracks and thats why you might not have them starting from zero!!?
If I lign your tracks up to where the drums come in, than when we come to the bridge all is well. But than after the bridge every thing seems to be all over the place!?

Guitar Zero can you get these tracks to align with yours!?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:40:43 AM by MortenDK »

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

April 28, 2011, 12:20:53 AM
Yea I know theres a tempo change, but that shouldnt affect the bounces to not align!.
If you make your tracks to the same length from 0 as the original tracks than it should be no problem at all to align the tracks. :)
Provided that you have the original tracks starting at 0 in you project!.
Double sorry! :(
I guess I had the "render time selection" option selected instead of "render project". My apologies. Here's the new batch of tracks. And this time I've checked against guitar zero's original files ;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24873953/Glorious%20Unknown%20-%20export.rar
and here are the DI guitars which I forgot to include...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24873953/DI%20guitars.rar

Hi,

On your project, where do your audio files start? As in XX:XX:XX:XX timeline, SMPTE code... and also bars...

I downloaded these last night, and simply cannot line them up.

Do you have my bass part? My electric guitar part? Those do line up at the top of the session, at the same exact point as the original posters' files. Where do those line up against your audio files?

Thoroughly confused...

April 28, 2011, 05:55:34 AM
Ah I thought I was going crazy here, I was actually checking my own project to see if I did something wrong! :D
Stickfigure I think you need to consolidate the regions/tracks first before you export them!.

Salvation Army
                       since 1865

• No avatar
April 28, 2011, 07:41:38 AM
Ah I thought I was going crazy here, I was actually checking my own project to see if I did something wrong! :D
Stickfigure I think you need to consolidate the regions/tracks first before you export them!.

:(:(:(

sorry, guys, I'm going to recheck everything as soon as i can. all i can say is that i imported my tracks to a fresh project, along with the downloaded guitar zero tracks and they were aligned. bear in mind that my parts only start after a tempo change, in which i split guitar zero tracks and added a space...

i'll get to it as soon as i can. sorry and thatk you for your patience ;)

April 28, 2011, 07:59:57 AM
:(:(:(

bear in mind that my parts only start after a tempo change, in which i split guitar zero tracks and added a space...

i'll get to it as soon as i can. sorry and thatk you for your patience ;)

AHA!!
thats the problem!! you split up the original tracks in your project and recorded your parts to that!!. Thats why they dont align to ours course they are not split up!!!.
You need to fit your parts into Guitars zero original tracks!, You cant go split up hes tracks and then give out tracks that no longer match the originals that were put up!. ;)
You need to make your parts fit to his!, otherwise we dont stand a change in a collaboration mixoff is we start spliting up the originals, think about it if someone else came and did something similar than we would be all over the place ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:01:42 AM by MortenDK »

Salvation Army
                       since 1865

• No avatar
April 28, 2011, 01:32:01 PM
sorry for all the mess, guys... :(

April 28, 2011, 02:41:59 PM
Hey its ok! just fit you tracks to the originals and reup them eazy peazy lemon cheazy ;D

Salvation Army
                       since 1865

• No avatar
April 28, 2011, 07:13:18 PM
sorry for all the mess, guys... :(
When you have your tracks in the proper place, just bounce each track from SMPTE position 1.1.1.1.  That way, we can just throw them in at the beginning and they will all line up.

• No avatar
April 28, 2011, 08:14:00 PM
When you have your tracks in the proper place, just bounce each track from SMPTE position 1.1.1.1.  That way, we can just throw them in at the beginning and they will all line up.

oookaaay, then...
splits unsplit, tracks healed and in place, consolidated/exported into DI tracks and rendered into processed tracks (with 'entire project' box checked), midi percussion exported into midi file, all files imported into new project with zero's original tracks, and all synced to the last beat (119.2.20)...

mind you, a few beats of amazing silence I added in my mix may be lost forever... :'(

so, without further ado...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24873953/Glorious%20Unkown%20-%20stickfigure%20-%20healed%20tracks.rar

• No avatar
April 28, 2011, 10:30:29 PM
I just wanted to chime in and help a little.

This song's time signature should actually be 6/8 67 BPM

3/4 is typically associated with more of a waltz style and arrangement. It typically never has a back beat and the pulse is always accented on 1. Now if you double time 67 BPM and reduce the meter to 3/4 you'll basically have the same thing. Although on sheet music it will read out wrong and take double the amount of music to read. In your DAW it will be similar as well.

In pop music or just general modern music with drums it will always be 6/8 or 12/8. A groove with a back beat generally falls within a bar and never consistently at the beginning of the bar. So in 6/8 your back beat falls on 4 and the pulse is felt on 1 and 4. In 12/8 your back beats fall on 4 and 10 and the pulse is felt on 1, 4, 7 and 10.

Hope this was of some help and makes sense to you guys.