News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Poll

Is the new forum skin ugly? If so, why?

Yes
2 (25%)
No
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Is the new forum skin ugly, why?  (Read 1847 times)

• No avatar
June 10, 2013, 09:36:00 PM
It looks pretty hard on the eyes to me. It's difficult to quickly see "Today" posts on threads. I know it took some hard work and the site was down for a bit, but I just have to say I prefer the old look.

June 11, 2013, 05:54:05 AM
It is a bit different, that's for sure! Unfortunately, upgrading the forum software broke the old template. I had to select one compatible with the new software, and this was the best one I found. It may be possible to offer a few other option, but each template has to be tweaked to include the Yahoo player, the 'unread posts' button, and a couple other minor things. I'll see what I can do to make it a bit more flexible, though.

June 12, 2013, 02:54:22 PM
A tad larger font would have been nice ;)
Kinda hard to read with the text beeing so small (and yes..i use glasses:D )

June 12, 2013, 06:01:06 PM
OK, if you find the new skin a bit hard to read, or harsh, etc, you can switch to an alternate look, the one called 'Core' is very similar to the old look. Here's where you'll find the option:

Go to Profile>Modify Profile>Look And Layout>Current Theme

I can add further themes, if requested, hopefully allowing other themes won't cause any issues!

June 13, 2013, 02:29:30 PM
Ooooh! Thanks!
Chose Core, very similar to the old look indeed, and alot easier to read ;)
Mucho lub<3

• No avatar
June 15, 2013, 03:00:37 PM
I realy dig it!

John under your avatar I can see "#admin" 5 times. You probably should remove it.

June 15, 2013, 03:25:42 PM
I think it's a bug in the template, I'll see if I can find it...

Found it, though I'm thinking of changing the image, it seems a little fat to me!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:08:36 PM by JohnSuitcase »

June 17, 2013, 08:29:50 PM
Tiny thing: didn't the MixOff.org header img link to home before the update?
Would be nice if you could make it clickable ^^
Other than that: now that i'm set at the closest i can get to the old design i'm pretty happy. Unread Posts feature is awesome <3

June 17, 2013, 09:45:47 PM
Tiny thing: didn't the MixOff.org header img link to home before the update?
Would be nice if you could make it clickable ^^
Other than that: now that i'm set at the closest i can get to the old design i'm pretty happy. Unread Posts feature is awesome <3

I think that was just an issue with the Core theme, I've hard coded it to be a link, let me know if you have any issues!

June 17, 2013, 09:51:34 PM
I think that was just an issue with the Core theme, I've hard coded it to be a link, let me know if you have any issues!

you are getting more and more awesome by the minute =D
thanks!