News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Issues and upgrade  (Read 1556 times)

June 05, 2013, 06:07:50 PM
I've been fighting with some server problems, and decided to upgrade to SMF 2 today. It seems to be working, but I have already noticed some issues with formatting, etc.

Please let me know if you come across broken things, etc. I may have to move to another host if the server issues persist.

Thanks for your patience!

June 06, 2013, 10:38:29 AM
Nice new design, looks good!
It seemed a little less clearly laid out than the old one at first, but I think this is more a matter of habituation.

One thing I noticed: the yahoo player is gone, I can't play (mp3) files directly from the thread. Not ganna lie, this was convenient  ;D ;D - Will it be back, or could it be a problem on my side with the new design?

June 06, 2013, 03:25:09 PM
I'm going to look around and see if I can find another media player that will work. Some people were having issues with the yahoo player and certain files (mp4, if I recall) being loud and distorted.

I'd like to get the site stable again before making too many changes. It looked like things were ok yesterday, then last night I started seeing the server errors again. My hosting company is working on the issue, and hopefully moving the site to a new server.

June 06, 2013, 10:29:07 PM
The hosting company has moved this site to a newer server, the dns update may take a few hours to propagate. This may mean new posts are lost, I'll try to keep an eye on this, hopefully won't cause issues...

June 07, 2013, 09:37:24 AM
I had some problems accessing the forum yesterday and the day before, but everything seems to be working now.

One problem I have though: I can't seem to find the "show last unread topics" list. Does it still exist and if where?

June 07, 2013, 01:43:34 PM
I'm still finding my way around this new version a bit myself, but from what I can tell, you can view the most recent posts by clicking the link down at under the forum stats on the home page, or you can view the unread topics in one of the boards by clicking the little arrow over to the right where it says 'Unread posts.' That only gives the unread posts in that board, though, not the whole forum. I'll look around, maybe there's a way to add that functionality.

June 07, 2013, 03:25:20 PM
I'm still finding my way around this new version a bit myself, but from what I can tell, you can view the most recent posts by clicking the link down at under the forum stats on the home page, or you can view the unread topics in one of the boards by clicking the little arrow over to the right where it says 'Unread posts.' That only gives the unread posts in that board, though, not the whole forum. I'll look around, maybe there's a way to add that functionality.

Cool, thanks!

June 07, 2013, 06:19:14 PM
OK, I was able to add an 'UNREAD POSTS' item to the main menu at the top. See if that works for you!

June 07, 2013, 06:33:20 PM
Also added a newer version of the Yahoo player. If you click the play button, it uses the player, if you click the text, it opens in a new window, for those who don't like the player.

Trying to avoid forking into multiple templates if I can!

June 09, 2013, 01:14:03 AM
Nice Upgrade John  8)

had a few 500 internal errors accessing the board before the upgrade
everything working fine & the unread posts feature is a welcome feature :)

Cheers
Ric Dalton - S1770