News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Check out my mix PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1921 times)

• No avatar
June 04, 2013, 05:06:05 AM
Let me know what you think about the mix. Entered the contest late and didnt have to much time to work on it but here it is. Plz let me know all the negatives you hear in my mix thank you enjoy!!!!!  https://soundcloud.com/kingjesus23/oh-b
 8)
DjMix-A-Lot of Records

• No avatar
June 14, 2013, 11:50:45 AM
Cool!  The mix is a little quiet.  Also it doesn't feel very open.  Is it over compressed?

June 30, 2013, 08:28:34 AM
Bass kinda oversized, Drum (BD/Snare) in your face, location sounds small, like in a box.
Vocal does not fit in the mix. I have no clue where your intentions are, where you want the result to be.
...and where's that damned guitar  ???  ;D

i had a try too on that contest. But making stereo out of NOTHING ... uhm, Mono is a hard task to me. So i skiped that one.

I like this one from a known forummember on recording.de

https://soundcloud.com/jan-ohlhorst/liza-colby-sound-oh-baby

• No avatar
August 15, 2013, 07:13:31 PM
Overall is good. I remeber getting the tracks to mix them, it was definetly not a easy proyect...

I like the sound of the drums, the kick drum is a little loud for me. Guitars are wayyy low in volume. Would definelty make them one of the most important elements of the mix. Like that the non-principal guitars are panned to the sides, though I would make them less hard L or R, maybe 60% to a side, not 100%

The voice is also low in volume. Also kind of nassy, I would make a cut someway in the mid range and in this case add more highs, maybe 3-4khz to give leave it more crispier and with more presence. A compresor to give it more body would help also, plus to control the overall volume.

Finally, I don't know if i'm getting crazy or there's a problem with my monitors, but tha bass sounded panned to the right... If it's the case, I would recomend you almost never panning the bass, always dead center, unless is something very experimental...

Alejo
Online Mixing & Mastering Services
Affordable prices with professional result guaranteed !
Don't hesitate to contact me @ alejofornasari@gmail.com
https://soundcloud.com/alejo-fornasari

• No avatar
August 27, 2013, 05:10:34 PM
The drums sound very nice, even though the snare and kick were almost punching me in the face :). Just like ale_forna has said the guitars need to come up in volume as well as the vocals, she gives a really good performance and you want to be able to hear it nicely. Besides those 2 details I think its a decent mix :).

August 28, 2013, 01:33:01 AM
On my laptop speakers....

Vocal seems severely compressed and almost band-passed (all midrange). It would be cool as an effect, but not all the way through.

I love the snare, but the drums are very loud in comparison to the guitars.  Drums down, guitars up.

I kinda like your mix's vibe.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:44:34 AM by Gaz5674 »

• No avatar
September 16, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
Hello,

The guitars are too low, maybe bringing them up a little can add some attitude to your mix,.
The voice needs to be more natural, it sounds like that old telephone effect (which is cool, but to me, it doesn't fit well in this sing).
Drums are WAY too loud, and doesn't feel in the mix.