News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: "Save Draft" feature on new posts/replies  (Read 741 times)

June 04, 2013, 03:57:05 AM
I could be blind & missing it, but I would LOVE a "Save as draft" type option for posts.  I just spent a good half hour typing up some responses to some things, but ran out of time before I could finish to my satisfaction.  I can copy/paste into a text doc, but a save would be MUCH more convenient.....
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe

June 04, 2013, 03:31:07 PM
Yeah, I have tried to extend the timeout counter as far as possible, but it still times out after a while. I usually write replies in a sticky, then copy and paste when I'm done (when giving feedback on multiple mixes, listening to each in between, for instance.)

I haven't seen any way to add a 'save draft' type feature, but I'll look around again, maybe it can be done...(I'm not a programmer, my ability to extend the smf software is pretty limited, and I don't want to go to far from the stock version, as security updates still come out occasionally!)

June 04, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
I actually didn't time out, I just ran out of time myself and would like to be able to save it and come back to it.

No worries, I'll keep writing in a text doc. Notepad is my favorite program lately. :-)
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe

June 05, 2013, 01:11:17 AM
P'rhaps you can gi' us mo' time on the edits?

1 minute is rather short for us illiterati ...