News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Cool new plug for A/B during mixdown  (Read 1583 times)

June 02, 2013, 06:09:00 PM
Glad someone finally made this, I've thought something like this was needed for years (I actually made something like it myself, using Sonic Birth, years ago.) Vastly simplifies the task of referencing to commercial tracks, allows you to import several mixes to reference to, and to adjust their volume (since your mix isn't mastered):

http://www.samplemagic.com/details/184/magic-ab

June 03, 2013, 03:06:25 AM
Interesting concept John  :)

S1770

• No avatar
July 28, 2015, 08:21:06 AM
I believe it to be good. This is to say.

July 28, 2015, 10:59:34 AM
Ever tried Melda Production MCompare? It's similar (and it's what I use).

July 30, 2015, 03:42:35 AM
I haven't but it looks cool!

Anything that let's you do a quick comparison with a finished mix will improve mixes a lot. Being able to adjust the relative volume, have multiple mixes, etc are great bonuses.

July 30, 2015, 08:21:38 AM
I haven't but it looks cool!

Anything that let's you do a quick comparison with a finished mix will improve mixes a lot. Being able to adjust the relative volume, have multiple mixes, etc are great bonuses.

Absolutely! I get much better results since I chose to use MCompare in my mastering projects.

I don't use it on the mix itself, although that would be totally feasible, but I can achieve more or less the same results by simply deactivating the insert chain on the respective channels as I always try to match the volume of the processed signal with the unprocessed one anyway (using make-up gain on compressors and EQs).