News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: GearFest Mixing Contest - deadline june 1st 2013  (Read 7104 times)

• No avatar
May 09, 2013, 11:03:30 AM
This was a fun mix, - trackwise very straightforward, yet tricky to get right nonetheless.  Here's my effort:

May 10, 2013, 11:48:27 AM

Mix was one thing but to document your work and gear you used took time.

• No avatar
May 15, 2013, 03:18:52 AM
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:20:29 AM by dmcmusic »

May 19, 2013, 09:59:27 AM
870 mixes yet... who can listen to this?  :o

May 19, 2013, 03:05:44 PM

That's why I mixed it and didn't bother to document and upload. It was fun, though.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe

May 20, 2013, 10:15:30 AM
That's why I mixed it and didn't bother to document and upload. It was fun, though.

Well, to be honest, this will dramatically decrease you chances of winning  :P
In the beginning I thought I'd have a relatively good chance of winning something. I mean 16 prizes are a lot... many mixes ARE crap... but now with 900 and counting, basic arithmetics says chances are getting somewhat slim  ;D
But if they take all mixes with disabled download or without documentation out of the competition, half of the competitors might just disappear.  ;D ;D

May 20, 2013, 10:23:39 AM

I wanna hear how fun it was!!  ;)

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

May 20, 2013, 08:22:18 PM
It has been a WHILE since I've mixed something like this that's both live and with so few tracks. Getting the toms to speak and the stereo image to happen the way I wanted were probably the biggest challenges for me. Didn't hurt that everyone involved played and sang their asses off either. Great stuff
Loved doing this, I'd completely forgotten about this place and I'm very glad I stumbled onto it again.
Here's my mix https://soundcloud.com/dasoundjunkie/liza-colby-oh-baby-gearfest
Leo Alvarez Mixer/producer
Soundjunkies productions
"I have a theory that if you aren't a little scared shitless about what you are working on then it isn't worth doing" John Congleton
"Genius is small pieces" Daniel Lanois

May 20, 2013, 11:24:12 PM

I wanna hear how fun it was!!  ;)
not sure if I can attach an mp3 from my phone?

If this works, it's an early-ish version before I wrestled with the drums. It's really just a rough.  I don't have the project files any more, though, so it is what it is.  Gives you a good idea where I was headed, anyways.

Edit: apparently you can't upload files via tapatalk. I'll put a link up a little later.
Edit2: Here's the soundcloud -

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:30:01 AM by crtjstr »
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. During these fits of absolute unconsciousness, I drank - God only knows how often or how much. As a matter of course, my enemies referred the insanity to the drink, rather than the drink to the insanity.
          -- Edgar Allan Poe

May 21, 2013, 07:26:40 AM
I like it!
Why didnt you put up the final?

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865