I just read about a new mixing contest. It is a really short multi-track session recording live at the GearFest.
Follow this link and register to get the files. You will also get a free coupon code for free pureMix videos tutorials about tracking this whole session with Fab Dupont (really interesting approach, and very funny btw with Fab humor).http://www.puremix.net/gearfestmixingcontest
Things for consider in this mix:
1. Session was not tracking with metronome. Tempo change all the time between 102 to 110 BPM. Maybe you need to insert a lot of tempo changes in your DAW to sync your time-based FX, or just leave it plain.
2. Drums have 4 mics: 1 kick, 1 snare, 2 OHs.
3. Bass guitar was tracking with 1 DI and 1 mic amp.
4. Guitar was tracking with 1 mic.
5. Vocal was getting as an overdub, after one vocal scratch or guide track.
6. Genre is classic rock with nice female vocal by Liza Colby.
7. Deadline for mix submissions is june 1st 2013.
8. Issues you will face with this mixing will be bleeding, as it is a live recording session (maybe can be used in advantage to glue the track), width, because it has really only 1 melodic instrument (the guitar), vocal dynamics, kick cutting right through, and overhall tone.
9. The 16 best mix winners will be awarded with amazing prizes by Focal, Presonus, Dangerous Music, pureMix tutorials and more.
I started mixing this morning and almost finish it. It is really a simple session. Good luck guys. Have fun.