News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Antelope Orion 32  (Read 1097 times)

April 13, 2013, 02:07:26 PM
For those who haven't already noticed, Antelope launched their new AD/DA converter a couple of months ago.

32 Channels of AD/DA conversion at up to 192kHz, all running over USB 2.0! (amount of channels is down a bit on Macs, cause of Apples USB handling)
Also included is one of their AFC Clocks with 4 clock outputs.
All this for the very nice price of $2995

From Vintage King:
"The Antelope Audio Orion 32 is the world’s first 32-channel AD/DA converter, supporting both MADI and USB interfaces, clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology. Orion 32 allows 192 kHz I/O streaming of 32-channel digital audio through its custom-built USB chip, which provides simple connectivity to any USB-enabled DAW or computer. The converter also provides 32 channels of 96 kHz audio through its Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections, which can be used to connect with any suitably equipped MADI device. The multi-channel converter also supports ADAT protocol by offering 16 I/O channels, for even greater compatibility with a large number of audio devices. The multi-channel converter inputs and outputs pass the analog signal through eight D-SUB 25 I/O connectors."

Link: http://www.antelopeaudio.com/en/products/Orion32-Multi-Channel-AD-DA-converter

How does it sound? VERY nice. I just got one :D

April 14, 2013, 04:11:46 AM
Looks pretty nice, are you running it with a Mac? Why did they use USB 2.0 rather than 3.0 or thunderbolt?

April 14, 2013, 07:12:52 AM
Running on a completely new Mac Mini here.
Haven't ran it through a stresstest yet. Still waiting on the last of my new cables and the key to my new room.
Did a test in my living room last night though =P

No idea why they are using USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 or thunderbolt, but it's their own custom-made USB chip inside, and might have something to do with reaching out to the masses =)