News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: "View Recent Posts" feature?  (Read 989 times)

March 13, 2011, 04:36:56 AM
I'm not sure if I I'm just not seeing this if it exists, so you can delete this thread if I just missed it.

On other recording forums I use the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" button to easily bring up a list of posts that have occurred recently or since I was on last.  That makes sorting through the recent posts a lot easier than clicking on each of the sub pages to see what the new post in there is, and is REALLY helpful to just browse recent topics and posts quickly. I'm not sure if this is possible with this forum, but if it is possible to do I think it would be a great addition to this site, as it would make it a lot easier and quicker just to stop in and see what's been going on.  And example of this is Gearslutz "Today's Posts" or recordingreview's "New Posts" feature. If this is a possible addition, the thread title, the time of the last post, the name of the last poster, and the sub group it's in ("Pop" for example) would be great to have in there (both the mentioned sites display that information).

Great site already, I'm sure this place will be an invaluable resource for me and a ton of other people. And good organization by the way, really clean and simple.

March 13, 2011, 03:39:37 PM
I agree that the usability of this forum is a little different from GS, etc.

You can do something similar here:

Up at the top of the page, under your name and avatar, there's a link that says "Show Unread posts Since last visit.'

Also, at the bottom of the page, in the 'Forum Stats' area, there's a link to "View the Most Recent Posts on the Forum"

I can, of course, add extra links to those if people want them!

March 13, 2011, 05:03:44 PM
Thanks, I knew I was missing something, I couldn't find those buttons for the life of me lol, that works just like what I was thinking about.  Feel free to delete this thread if you don't want it cluttering up the site.