News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Let's start leaving feedback!  (Read 4115 times)

October 05, 2013, 10:45:29 AM
Hey Vincent,
I want to take this opportunity to express my deepest apologies to you on behalf of any forum member which might have upset you.

But then again:

From that I conclude that you should go fuck yourself bud.
I don't give a shit what you think.
Who the fuck are you anyway.

But of course:
Trolls.
If you have no input except to attack others opinions then you wont get much respect from me.
People who are judgmental (Emphasis on the mental) usually are the ones who can't do anything.

A little ambivalent, isn't it?

I'm entitled to my opinion weather you agree or not.

Absolutely, but so is everybody else. No need to get abusive.

October 05, 2013, 10:46:16 AM

Troll # 3

October 05, 2013, 10:49:05 AM

Do you have an opinion besides attacking others opinions?

Guess not.

October 05, 2013, 10:54:54 AM

These Trolls are funny.

They quote my swear words.

Comical.

October 05, 2013, 11:35:09 AM
As a matter of fact, I've expressed my opinion a number of times in this thread. Mostly before things got a little out of hand.

At no point did I "attack" your opinion. Nor did anyone else. That is unless you feel personally attacked if someone disagrees with you. This, however, would be very unfortunate indeed. Rest assured: Nobody wants to take your opinion away. You have it and it's safe. And that's a good thing. We need different opinions here.

Swearwords are a funny thing. I love them. I use the word "fuck" all the time. But rarely do I tell people to "go fuck themselves". That's a difference, in my opinion.

And at this point I'll refrain from keeping this discussion alive unless it's about feedback on mixes. I'm positive everything will work out.

October 05, 2013, 11:41:01 AM
Whatever

I'm here to make music.

You guys are the ones slinging the bullshit.

I'm just slinging it back.

That's how I see it.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:42:57 AM by Vincent »

October 05, 2013, 12:18:33 PM
I'm here to make music.

Then go make some music  8)

October 05, 2013, 12:23:52 PM

Ok I will............songs done.

8)

October 05, 2013, 12:25:38 PM
good to hear mate making music is much more fun ;D

October 07, 2013, 04:29:25 AM
Let's try to keep things friendly around here, everyone's opinion is welcome, but no need to get personal.

I don't know a good way to really encourage people to post feedback. I mean, for me, posting feedback is a great way to learn, as it forces me to think a little more deeply about a mix and why it isn't working. I listen to mixes on the radio the same way, and often hear things I would have done differently.

At the same time, I don't have time to listen and critique a lot of stuff, just as I don't have time to participate in as many mixoffs as I'd like.

I can write a little 'Guide to Giving Feedback' Sticky for the 'Welcome' area, and link to it from the 'News,' maybe that will have some effect.

Giving feedback takes time and thought, and many people (especially newbies) are probably hesitant to criticize when their own mixes aren't great yet. And you never know how someone will take being told their mix is pretty weak. Most seem to take it well here, which I'm proud of, but you never know.

Even those of us who get paid to mix are always learning, and trying to improve.