News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: One Track, Mixed and Mastered  (Read 9019 times)

March 13, 2011, 09:00:51 AM
You're right of course. All your points are valid and I agree with them completely... But the 'small budget' part of the OP makes me think he can't afford a 'proper professional' mix as you describe and/or price-tag it :)

Maybe the OP can mention the actual available budget to make things clear?
I'm cleaning up my server, but you can find some of the mixes I did on this forum here: http://soundcloud.com/stefhartog

March 13, 2011, 11:30:42 PM
He seems to have vanished.  ???
http://woodheadstudios.com/
This is what I do for a living (Recording, Mixing & Mastering)

8 Core Mac Pro, Magma PE6R4-I, Tascam M700 80Ch Console, Pro Tools HD6 - 9.0.2, UAD2 Quad & Solo

March 14, 2011, 04:17:04 PM
He seems to have vanished.  ???

Hi,
No he has not disappeared, he decided on someone... not me, but did contact me shortly after deciding.
Maybe the engineer who mixes this in the end can chime in when it's done?

• No avatar
March 15, 2011, 08:50:51 AM
Shame, I would've liked to see this as a proper mix-off.

For anguswoodhead: At least the way I see it, doing a mixoff would be giving some kind of an idea of what type of sound and quality you'd be offering. I mean, I too work quite slowly, I can take days to mix a track. But in this sort of case I'd do it in a day (+morning tweaks) and see where that leads.

I don't know if posting offers is really the way to go... Sure there are different levels of mixers here who will work at very different rates, but if pros can be somehow expected to match the rates of hobbyists, it won't be good for anyone.

Just some thoughts...

6x2
Professional mixing engineer for hire. All genres except Rap/Hip hop and Metal. Helsinki, Finland. See website for references and details!

March 15, 2011, 03:32:06 PM
Hi,

The person offering the audition actually took time to listen to a lot of the mixes on here,
so at least there is usefulness in posting what you do to the different songs on here.
Sometimes a potential client might be reticent to share their unfinished music online.
There can be many reasons why.

Cheers

• No avatar
March 15, 2011, 07:12:17 PM
Hi,

The person offering the audition actually took time to listen to a lot of the mixes on here,
so at least there is usefulness in posting what you do to the different songs on here.
Sometimes a potential client might be reticent to share their unfinished music online.
There can be many reasons why.

Cheers

Hi,

You're right there. I guess it just seemed rather odd as a lot of posters were posting rates and stuff.

As for sharing unfinished music, you're absolutely right. I guess it's still early days here and we'll see how it all becomes over time!

Cheers,

6x2
Professional mixing engineer for hire. All genres except Rap/Hip hop and Metal. Helsinki, Finland. See website for references and details!

March 18, 2011, 11:01:07 PM
I have been away from the forums because for the last week because I have had a family berivement.

I was trying to communicate with everyone who responded but unfortunatly I have just not been able to keep the comms going with everyone for which I am sorry for. I am going to be tied up for the next week or so dealing with probate however I just wanted to clarify the situation to avoid any confusion.

I would like to thank everyone who has commented and offered their services for this project, I was truly astonished at the responce. I have made an arrangement with an engineer on this forum who is currently working on a mix.

Best

Zab.

Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12

March 25, 2011, 10:24:27 PM
First of I wanna speak on everyone's behalf and give our condolesense. Death is a hard thing to overcome. I lost my mom back in 08' a month before my son was born, one of my best friends later on that year (a week before Thanksgiving), a friend earlier this year and now my uncle a little over a month ago. Plz just keep in mind that we all wanna mix and when there's money involved people get a little crazy.
I don't blame em' if all us Mixheads could make this our 9 to 5 I'm sure a majority would give up their day jobs. Peace be with you, glad you found someone for your project, keep some of us in mind for next time.

Thanx,

Monkey
Mix It!

March 27, 2011, 10:48:23 PM
Thanks Monkey, and everyone, your kind words are very much apreciated. I should be on here a bit more now a lot of things have been sorted out.
I was really happy to see the responce from everyone!, it was really good but also unfortunatle timeing.

Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12

• No avatar
April 07, 2011, 08:19:22 PM
I really like the song! Good luck..