News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: One Track, Mixed and Mastered  (Read 9017 times)

March 09, 2011, 02:14:59 AM
Ok so  I have a small budget and have no idea what it would cost, but I am looking for 1 track mixed & mastered with some post mastering, valve based warm, sparkely amazingness also. The band is my band, Audio Asylum and the track is called Hitting Bottom.

The band is basically a four piece guitar band, which is the sound I am looking for. I have done a mix this morning in a set of headphones (eek!) and uploaded it. The problem is that this was the first band I have recorded, and to get the track balenced and sounding good needs some care. Then to master it; well its very much a tale of quiet verse and loud Chorus/middle 8/finish. I support the movement of the needles though so I am not looking for one level track, more than what I have in the example track though as the chours is a bit "in your face". Then I am really looking to run it through some valve based post mastering shizzle. I really want to see how good this track can sound.

I have the .wav's uploaded into dropbox ready to go, although I have only a small budget, I am keen to get this sounding really good. Can anyone help?

Here is my example mix, I think its in the key of C (I'm a drummer so don't really know what keys are haha!), its about 4 and a half mins and I don't have a copy of the lyrics at this time. Time scale would be a couple of weeks. We are looking to release an E.P. in May and this would be the main track. The rest of the material may be done by me, we are not sure yet so there could be some further work, more than likly post mastering.

www.romelpotter.com/HB_Zabrilla_Mix.mp3
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:18:54 AM by Zabrilla »
Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12

March 09, 2011, 02:44:55 AM
I'll do it for $40. Mixed and Mastered...You mix sounds good, could be tweaked a bit, but not bad for starter, let me know, thanx,

Monkey
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:48:36 AM by Audio Monkey »
Mix It!

March 09, 2011, 04:25:51 AM
Hi Zabrilla,
I am slated to mix an album starting next week, so I could give you a mixoff during this week.
If you are able to get the files to me by tomorrow afternoon, that would give me some time to mix it for you for consideration.
As far as budget goes, I don't post my rates publicly, however I am somewhat flexible.
Check my website for some examples and credits.

http://www.nicksevilla.com

Cheers

March 10, 2011, 04:47:32 AM
Hi Zabrilla,

We have been in the studio business working with local musicians and bands for 10 years. We are now expanding our  Years of service to musicians and producers Via online.

We use a Hi-End SSL based computer system and top of the line vintage and modern analog & digital gear, ranging from  Neve, Manley, Avalon, Teletronix, A-Designs, SSL, UA and Eventide. Plugins used primarily are the Waves Diamond  Bundle.

If you decide to use our services, we can work within your budget and do not charge by the hour.

Billy Collins.

• No avatar
March 10, 2011, 04:52:56 AM
You could also put the tracks up, let all of us mix it and choose the one you like the best... ;)

March 10, 2011, 08:00:12 AM
I like the track / vibe - cool.
If you're after a really kick ass end product I'll mix it for you for $400 on my 80's vintage analog console,
then pass it onto my friend Leon Zervos at Studios 301 (Sydney) for 'world-class' mastering.
He charges AU$165 per song unattended.
Just google him - he's ex-Sterling Sound in NY.
email me at woodheadstudios (at) gmail.com
Cheers.

BTW - been in the business for around 15 years :-)
I do mastering as well (www.sunshinecoastmastering.com.au) but Leon is amazing and has some awesome gear.
His list of credits is incredible.
Plus mixing & mastering at the same location or by the same Engineer is never the way to go.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:06:25 AM by anguswoodhead »
http://woodheadstudios.com/
This is what I do for a living (Recording, Mixing & Mastering)

8 Core Mac Pro, Magma PE6R4-I, Tascam M700 80Ch Console, Pro Tools HD6 - 9.0.2, UAD2 Quad & Solo

• No avatar
March 10, 2011, 12:31:03 PM
Hi Zabrilla,

I'm only starting out in this biz, so I won't make any outrageous claims..."the proof is in the pudding", they say - so check out my soundcloud site to see if you like what you hear:
http://soundcloud.com/coldroom-studios
I do my mixes completely "in the box", so I'm not offering any valve/tape voodoo, although I do have a nice collection of UAD plugins.
I'm not offering ridiculously cheap prices, because good mixes take time.  However, since this is not my "day job" my prices are very reasonable.
I don't consider myself to be a mastering engineer, but I always provide my clients with "faux mastered" versions of their mixes as part of the service.
I won't advertise my prices publicly, but if you're interested, feel free to contact me through my Soundcloud site.

• No avatar
March 10, 2011, 04:49:52 PM
Hey man

if your're still on your search and you like at least some stuff in my sig line, we should talk :D and you'll be surprised :D

Jo

March 12, 2011, 12:25:43 PM
Well I think everyone on this site is interested in mixing this, especially when there is some sort of payment involved. Most of us are here to mix stuff for learning/sharpening skills anyway :)

Why not make it a proper mixoff and pay the 'winner' whatever you budget is?
I'm cleaning up my server, but you can find some of the mixes I did on this forum here: http://soundcloud.com/stefhartog

March 13, 2011, 07:01:41 AM
Well the thing is......
There's doing a quick mix for a mix-off and then there's doing a 'real' mix for a paying client.
BIG difference - at least in my hectic schedule world.
I can spend up to a week on a mix - coming back to it with fresh ears, sitting with ideas to see if they work next day etc.
Best way is to hire someone to do the job 'properly' and 'professionally'.
If that's not me no problem - you will end up with the best result that way no matter who you use IMHO.  ;)
http://woodheadstudios.com/
This is what I do for a living (Recording, Mixing & Mastering)

8 Core Mac Pro, Magma PE6R4-I, Tascam M700 80Ch Console, Pro Tools HD6 - 9.0.2, UAD2 Quad & Solo