News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Chris Lord Alge Slate pack  (Read 1402 times)

• No avatar
November 28, 2012, 03:47:04 PM

November 29, 2012, 11:10:07 AM
Well, no one is going to buy this anyway, right  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The snare in the video at 8:20 has this brutal, almost clipped sounding cut-through-everything attack and deep, long but at the same time controlled sustain going on that reminds me of Paramores "Riot" (altough CLA had nothing to do with this one). Sounds promising.
But I fear that all drum sounds will sound even more the same than they already do...  ???

Steven Slate talking always sounds like he's about to burst or something....  :P

• No avatar
November 29, 2012, 11:27:30 AM
not a big fun of that CLA drum sound but it's going to definetly be a great pack!

November 30, 2012, 05:52:17 PM
The snare which they pull out in the beginning seems to be 14x6,5 Ludvig Black beauty, no more, no less. ;D The head seems to either Remo "Emperor X" or "Controlled Sound X". Most likely the former.
"You don't go to a record school to go to courses, you go to record school to record there!"
http://soundcloud.com/spede-1

November 30, 2012, 06:46:13 PM
Yeah, the Black Beauty is an awesome snare...

I would be curious what tricks (if any) they did with the tuning. The snare in the end seems tuned fairly low but has that smack of a higher tuned snare.

It sounds like they are going to do this with other top mixers/engineers as well. Just imagine a Randy Staub snare collection... *baam*
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:50:26 PM by 140dBSPL »

November 30, 2012, 07:23:01 PM
I Soooo want a Tchad Blake Drum collection!! oh boy yes plz!!

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865