News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Hi from Portugal  (Read 946 times)

• No avatar
November 07, 2012, 03:01:04 PM
Hi everyone,

New to Mix-off but what a great site!

Looking to get some mixing practice in so if anyone has anything I could have a go at,  it would be most appreciated.

Hoping to pick up some great tips along the way and 'meet' other likeminded people.

All the best

• No avatar
November 07, 2012, 03:13:33 PM
Actually...I should have included more info about myself in the previous post, so here goes:

I am English but live in the hills of Portugal (it's a weather thing), I am a musician and sound engineer.  I do have a small studio set-up at home based around a 12 channel TLaudio valve console.

The main recording I do at the moment is for my wife who is an established Irish singer and I play guitar with her band, but I am looking to gain more experience with other genres, particularly the Rock side of things which is my guilty pleasure, hence the request for some mixes for me to get my teeth into.
The last album I recorded for my wife was coming up for 3 years ago, you can hear some of the songs here: www.reverbnation.com/lindascanlon
Very happy with the recording as we only had the bare minimum equipment back then: RME FF400, PC (running Vista...oouch) with Nuendo 3 (oouch again, must get up to date) and a borrowed Mic pre.  That's it, not even a duvet on the wall to control the concrete garage :0)

In addition to playing in the band, helping with arranging and the business side of things, I'd like to do more work in the studio for other clients but need to practice with a wide range of music as possible.

Hope this post is a bit more interesting to read, hope to hear from you soon!

November 07, 2012, 04:36:58 PM
Welcome to Mixoff!

There are some really good rock tracks to work with, in most threads you can hear a rough mix or example mix in the first post, along with the download link.

Have fun, we're all just having fun and learning from each other!