News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Hello! New to forum  (Read 1090 times)

• No avatar
November 06, 2012, 01:01:25 AM
Off from a post on the GAM forums, I've been pointed to this site (thx Dalton!) and decided to sign up! I'm excited to have joined the community and look forward to my stay ^^ Hope to contribute by posting up some raws here soon :D

Do have one concern after reading through the Guidelines post. I'm unsure how this plays out in regards to cover projects and if we're allowed to post raws of any covers we've made. I only wish to eliminate any lingering doubts I may have regarding this, I guess so long as it's our own cover/interpretation that we've recorded and wish to share - that there is no issue? Hope we can clear that up!

Looking forward to some mixing  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:36:09 AM by Redoubt9000 »

November 06, 2012, 02:25:34 AM
Up until now, since this is a educational site (in the sense that we're not selling music, and people aren't coming here to listen like a fan) I've figured this falls under fair use. If I get a letter from a copyright holder, I'll pull tracks, of course. But I don't think posting cover songs, for the sole purpose of mixing exercises, violates any laws. If I learn otherwise, I'll adjust the policy. No money to hire a proper lawyer, though!

November 06, 2012, 11:15:48 AM
Good to see you made it Redoubt9000 :)

Cheers
Richard Dalton  8)

• No avatar
February 24, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
Hi Redoubt, nice to see here good fellas from gam :) Good Mixluck :)