News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Mixing  (Read 3211 times)

• No avatar
March 05, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
Maybe just a 'mixers for hire' section, if people want to post their work/website/links?

I'm not opposed to a 'directory' if people think it's warranted.

I was thinking of this as I suggested it in the other thread. I wouldn't mind being able to post a "mixer for hire" type of thing here. The problem is that it would become quickly very full of mixers for hire and nobody would find anything there.

But then again it would be useful for the prospective client to easily find info on the mixers who volounteer to work on a mixoff track... I guess the mixers could initially post in the threads of tracks they're interested in working on and keep an informative sigature that indicates "Professional mixing engineer, <styles of music> <location>" and a link to website, myspace, or even just the forum member profile where you can tell a bit about yourself, include rates etc.

Well, I'll just modify my own signature to show what I mean. :)

6x2
Professional mixing engineer for hire. All genres except Rap/Hip hop and Metal. Helsinki, Finland. See website for references and details!

• No avatar
March 29, 2011, 01:16:11 AM
Seems pointless to me, you can put some info in the signature and otherwise just complete the mixoffs. A section full of rates etc will just confuse anybody that comes on here looking to hire in my opinion. And that probably won't be many people in the first place!

Just my thoughts!