News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Mixing  (Read 2963 times)

March 04, 2011, 03:53:02 PM
  ::) Need a single or an album, maybe just one song? Mixed? Mastered? ::)

Audio Monkey

First 2 tracks FREE (Mixed, Mastered, Instrumentals), each additional track $40 a pop (Mixed, Mastered, Instrumentals)

Please abide by these rules when you submit your music, it make things easy for all of us when you do.

1. Conversion: 24bit/44.1khz (.PTF, .WAV)

2. Make sure you have recorded to a Click Track and include the correct tempo information.

3. When exporting tracks please label each accordingly, include all MIDI files if possible, zero out all tracks, make sure each track is MONO and DISCARD any effects like, automation, eq, compression, delay, reverb, etc... Just RAW tracks are necessary and please include any ideas you have about your sound and the way you'd like it to feel. All additional tracks/takes should be at NOMINAL RECORDING LEVEL and not at the tracks PERSPECTIVE LEVEL and sent SEPARATELY from the main mix.

4. Send me a rough mix (MP3) with your parts placed as you intended (levels, panning, effects) so I know the kind of route you'd like to go.

Time frame: When you need it!

Paypal Accepted!

Thanx for your cooperation!

jdraves69@gmail.com

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:09:02 AM by Audio Monkey »
Mix It!

March 04, 2011, 03:56:37 PM
Hi,
hmmm... I thought this part of the forum was for posting mix auditions for engineers, not for advertising yourself.
John... could you chime in on this one please?

March 04, 2011, 04:42:08 PM
Hi,
hmmm... I thought this part of the forum was for posting mix auditions for engineers, not for advertising yourself.
John... could you chime in on this one please?

I second that motion!!!!

March 04, 2011, 05:09:42 PM
I'd thought I'd beat everyone to the punch. How are we gonna know whats out there and how much if were just posting clips and asking people what they can do for us? Plus do people really know how to post their tracks whether its in Pro Tools, Logic, Acid, Garageband...etc or even setup a Mix Engineer? Don't think I'm spammin'. Just lettin' people know what I have to offer when their in the market for mixing.

Doesn't the "Thread" say:

Audition Mixoffs
If you're looking to hire a mix engineer, please post your mixoff here!

Mix It!

March 04, 2011, 06:00:51 PM
"If you're looking to hire a mix engineer, please post your mixoff here!"

And you posted no mixoff.

Don't use info that hurts you :P

March 04, 2011, 06:23:25 PM
I'd thought I'd beat everyone to the punch. How are we gonna know whats out there and how much if were just posting clips and asking people what they can do for us? Plus do people really know how to post their tracks whether its in Pro Tools, Logic, Acid, Garageband...etc or even setup a Mix Engineer? Don't think I'm spammin'. Just lettin' people know what I have to offer when their in the market for mixing.

Doesn't the "Thread" say:

Audition Mixoffs
If you're looking to hire a mix engineer, please post your mixoff here!

Hey Draves,

I'm pretty sure you meant well, but this particular area of the forum (from my understanding) is for potential clients in need of services.
It would be pretty hard to navigate the site if we all spamed it with our advertising.
However, if we let the client start the thread we could follow with our mix attempts. Then the client can chose who they may to finish the album.
So if I come to the site and see that there are 3 new topicss under the "Audition Mixoffs" then I know that there are 3 new potential jobs, instead of three new spammers.
BTW: all the info for getting tracks ready is listen on the forum, as well as a few places to host the files. It's under the "information" area at the beginning of the page.
This is the start of a really great site. Lets keep it professional!  :)

Thanks,
Mike

March 04, 2011, 06:43:21 PM
Yes, this section is for posting mixoffs, where the poster is looking for a pro to finish the project.

That said, should we have a section where people can post something like this?

Maybe just a 'mixers for hire' section, if people want to post their work/website/links?

I'm not opposed to a 'directory' if people think it's warranted.

March 04, 2011, 07:32:52 PM
Meh. That would just be in my opinion a messy waste of time.

March 04, 2011, 10:55:59 PM
I meant no harm whatsoever, this is a great site and we should keep it that way your right, I apologize if I offended anybody.
Mix It!

March 04, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
I don't think anyone was offended  :)

We're still trying to sort things out and establish how things should work. All suggestions are good, even if they don't end up being implemented!