News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Youtube Collaboration?  (Read 3207 times)

• No avatar
March 03, 2011, 07:13:54 AM
Hi, im MaVeN! I thought It would be cool if we did a youtube collab. Maybe a cover song? I can play drums, guitar (What im good at), and bass. My idea was to cover a song and do it like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_q1PTqB4w

We all record our selves playing our part and somebody edits them. Someone on here can edit, right? I dont know what song we would do, or if it would even work.. Put your feedback, and lets do this!

March 04, 2011, 04:09:38 AM
Sounds like a fun project MaVeN. if its a good cover, ill contribute as a musician.
I'm a multi-instrumentalist & can track about anything but prefer Lead guitar or Drums.

I can also offer a Hi-end mix, & a pro video edit  ;)

Billy...

• No avatar
March 04, 2011, 06:20:20 AM
Sweet! I am getting an HD camera in the next few days. Whats a Good Song? I like classic rock songs...

March 05, 2011, 03:05:31 AM
My musical influence is Classic rock, blues, & the 80's Hard rock, metal and power ballads. So classic rock it is!!!  :)
There are so many good songs to chose from. You have any in mind?

• No avatar
March 05, 2011, 06:14:42 AM
Really anything classic... Are there any singers in the house? I really dig poison, van halen, led, rush, etc...

March 05, 2011, 07:59:56 PM
I wouldn't mind singing. I'm not the best singer so I can't promise anything, but I'll see when you guys decide the song.

• No avatar
March 07, 2011, 03:08:33 AM
Let's do hendrix's version of wild thing!

March 07, 2011, 03:39:04 AM
I've never heard the song but it sounds fun.

I'll have a listen tomorrow and see if I am good enough to do the vocal.

Assuming I am "qualified" should we just record over the tune as if we are doing an overdub, or should we record to click?
    I'm assuming we should actually record video of us recording the tracks as well or no?

Also, what instruments will you both be playing considering you both play guitar and drums? (I play drums as well if you need but I'm assuming one of you will take drums.)

This is feelin' like it's gonna be a fun project.

• No avatar
March 07, 2011, 05:00:29 AM
if you can sing, you can sing hendrix... Ill play bass, i dont really care. Yes you will record yourself playing. We should record to a click.

March 07, 2011, 05:07:20 AM
"Ill play bass, i dont really care."

Oops, guess I should have rephrased my "(I play drums as well if you need but I'm assuming one of you will take drums.)"

Didn't mean I wanted to track drums as well, was just saying that one of you would hopefully have it covered. I don't wanna be stealing all the tracks :-X