News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1845 times)

September 03, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
Hi all,

New here today and thought I'd say 'hi' and tell you a bit about myself.

I'm 27 and have been interested in recording and mixing since I was 14.  I've always had a Midi based home studio and have composed a few songs.  I studied music tech at college and it has always been my aim to own a decent home/project studio.  Took the plunge in November and since then have been trying to get planning permission to extend my house and build a live-room and control room.  It's taken ages but it's looking like it'll pass and so it should be ready within a few months.  In the meantime I've just been downloading songs and practicing my mixing skills.

I lack experience and I am always trying to improve my mixing skills.  Every time I mix a song,  I learn something new, but every song also brings new issues that I'm not sure how to tackle.  I hope I can tap into your experience and learn a lot.

I'm not mixing in an ideal room at the moment - my monitors are stuck in a corner - but I listen to a lot of reference mixes/CDs and I don't wish to blame the room.  If my mixes suck, it's because I suck.

I'm off to have a nose around the forum  ;D

Gaz
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:02:32 PM by Gaz5674 »

September 03, 2012, 03:38:53 PM
Welcome
Lots of of good folks around here with good experience. So enjoy your stay!.
 :)

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

• No avatar
September 04, 2012, 06:26:03 PM
Welcome!  ;) This is a really interesting place to stay. Enjoy!