News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Gear Advice/User Review's  (Read 1154 times)

March 03, 2011, 01:47:17 AM
I am wondering if its feasable to have a section for advice on equipment &/or User review's?

A case in point, I have just recently got a new set of monitors and I was interested in the differences between the Yamaha HS80m's and the HS50m's (apart from price). I google searched for the answer but nothing specific to that question was found. It made me think that a forum to offer un biased advise on gear & user reviews may be worthwhile. I certanally thought about posting the question in these forums, but wasn't sure where to post.

Anyhow, I figured it could add value to the site, if we had a platform to search, it would be a useful addition, especially if we could search for stuff that is not covered by google. 
Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12

March 03, 2011, 02:00:20 AM
I've thought a bit about that, but with so many other forums and sites covering gear, I think it's best to keep this site focused on mixing, in particular.

That said, I'm not opposed to an off-topic board, for general discussions, if there's call for it.

I'd recommend trying homerecording.com, gearslutz.com, tapeop.com, thewombforum etc for gear reviews, and general recording discussions.

• No avatar
March 03, 2011, 11:23:35 PM
There's been a ton of discussion about that specific topic on gearslutz.

just google  site:gearslutz.com hs50 vs. hs80

March 04, 2011, 07:45:38 PM
@JohnSuitcase, Yea thats a fair point; I know about gearslutz but I will check out the others.

@mixon-mixoff: I will use that search method more in future, I wasn't aware you could do that in search engines (is not very search engine knowlagable!), I usually just google the key words.

Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12