News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Poll

Did You Like the Yahoo Mp3 Player?

Yes, it worked fine
7 (53.8%)
No, it sucked
4 (30.8%)
the what?
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Mp3 Player Poll - Do You Like the Yahoo player thing?  (Read 1842 times)

March 02, 2011, 05:26:19 AM
I had a flash/javascript Mp3 player from Yahoo on here, but it wasn't working well for me, and my friend Jalipaz (audioconfusion) thought it was worthless, so I removed it. I want to make sure I made the right call, though!

I think using soundcloud is probably the best short term solution, or linking to mp3's directly, without a browser-based player.

What do you think?

March 02, 2011, 06:23:50 PM
I liked it.

Sounds a lot better than SoundCloud, and more convenient than having to click through to another window...

The only issue is how people have their mp3s hosted.

March 03, 2011, 10:32:22 PM
I guess I'll have to back the above poster up on that one...The Yahoo player felt pretty hands on and "-yes..click to listen" kinda simple.
But as said, obviously it's all about our possibility to host our tracks...I have my own server, so for me it's easy..but maby it's just a hazzle for
anyone that don't have that option..but how about best of both worlds? Maby make it an option..You use it, or you don't...

Best,
Fred
-This one goes to eleven!

March 08, 2011, 11:12:39 AM
Worked for me, not all the tracks but as someone has already mentioned, thats down to how the track is uploaded. I would agree with FredReally, make it an option so people can use it if they want.
Cubase V5 with Yamaha N12

March 08, 2011, 03:19:01 PM
I'll see if I can make it optional. I think I can make it read a cookie, or something to that effect, to see whether the user wants it. Or maybe add it as an option in the user's profile...

March 08, 2011, 07:03:43 PM
Ok, as a temporary fix:

I've created a new theme with the player. To turn it off:

Click on 'Profile'>'Look and Layout Preferences'>then 'Change' (Where it says 'current theme'.) Select the 'Default Theme' to get rid of the player.

I'll see if I can do something simpler. But for now this will work, I think!