News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Please Read Before Posting!  (Read 1414 times)

March 02, 2011, 04:30:45 AM
This is a new, experimental board, for purely collaborative projects.

If you start a 'project' on this board, you will be responsible for moderating and 'curating' the project. that just means that you should make an effort to be involved, and if possible, update your first post with any new developments.

Here's how it works:

The person who creates a new project uploads some basic track or tracks, and posts the key signature, bitrate, and BPM of the project.

Others contribute tracks, by uploading to dropbox.com or wherever and posting a link in the thread.

Please make sure all tracks have the same starting point, so people don't have to guess where they are supposed to fit.

Once there are enough tracks, people can start mixing and posting mixes.

These are purely for fun, we can't be in charge of negotiating ownership or authorship of a collaborative project. If the person starting a project wants to retain copyright ownership, they should state that clearly in the first post, and get a written acknowledgement from all contributors. Otherwise, these songs will be considered public domain.

The idea for this board came from RealMusician, so tell him thanks if you dig it!

March 02, 2011, 04:55:40 AM
Can you raise the maximum attachment size in the forum posts...perhaps if you raised it to 60000 instead of 10240 you could upload tracks into the posts.

Once collab is done people can remove their post attachments and clean up the thread of files...house cleaning type of thing.

Also using a a program like monkeys audio a person can compress file to make it much smaller with no loss of quality and make uploading and downloading WAV files faster in posts.

http://www.monkeysaudio.com/

August 19, 2013, 09:57:59 AM
Was thinking of doing a few cover tunes and posting them in collab section.

What is your policy on that John.

The other site had two owners that couldn't agree to allow or not allow covers.

-----------

Here is how I see it...If a band wants to sue me for doing a cover of theirs then I say fill your boots...Makes the band look petty anyway I think.

Edit: I'm a starving artist with little to no money so it would'nt be worth their while to sue me anyway... 8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:07:26 AM by Vincent »

August 19, 2013, 10:50:43 AM

Having said that I can see the other side of it as well and wanting to stay away from copyrighted material.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Especially if you have money and are worth suing.