News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Watch this thread option  (Read 936 times)

March 01, 2011, 06:54:58 PM

I belong to a similar SMF forum as this for song collaboration and they have an option of being able to watch threads...right under the thread title there is a "watch this collab/thread option to click...once you do add it to watched list you can access all your watch threads from a little menu on the left of the screen.

Also when you start a collab that thread automatically goes into your "my collab" menu section...perhaps you could have the mixoff threads be the same way...if you start a thread with a mix in the mix section that thread goes into your "my mix" menu so you can easily find it.

Thought it would be a good idea for this site.

Here are some screenshots of what Im referring to.

March 01, 2011, 09:51:17 PM
That looks like a pretty cool system, I'll see what I can come up with.

In the interim, you can click the small "notify" tab on a topic, to be subscribed and notified of new posts. I'm also looking at a couple of bookmarking options.

March 01, 2011, 10:59:36 PM

Yeah they have a good system over there at MCS...they only added the watched collab and my collab feature in the last year or so I think...before that you had to search and hunt for the threads which didnt work very well because they have a ton of threads and members.

I noticed you joined MCS

You have to join the forum in order to see the collabs and files which is probably a good thing because people can and will steal files...a few of the drummers have found their drum tracks on other peoples songs they didnt know...needless to say they were not happy about someone taking their tracks without permission... 8)

Personally I dont care if someone takes my tracks...no biggy for me however not everyone feels the same way I do and I can understand why... 8)

August 16, 2013, 11:28:33 AM

Still like the idea of having icons in the collab section of forum for open auditions.

8)