News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Mixoff Contest with Ermin Hamidovic - Win Ermin's New eBook!  (Read 24072 times)

May 07, 2012, 10:10:47 PM
AWESOME! Are there any info┬┤s as text file or something? Regarding the tempo.

May 08, 2012, 12:10:08 AM
No text file, but you can get the tempo using a program like Music Math.

http://www.440audio.com/en/software/v1536-Laurent-Colson-Music-Math/

I'm sure there is a pc equivalent...

May 08, 2012, 01:57:02 AM
REALLY cool song! 
having a lot of fun mixing this ;D
protools 7.1 le,  mac G4/1.25 GHz dual processor , denon ah-d2000 and sony mdr 7506 headphones , waves Renaissance bundle

May 08, 2012, 05:08:31 AM
FWIW, and I've run into this before with MAC-created files, I couldn't open "Kick" and Vox8" in Cool Edit Pro 2.1 until I opened and saved 'em in Wavosaur first.

May 08, 2012, 09:29:22 AM
A tempo of 188 BPM lines up perfectly for me in REAPER... I thought I'd save some folks the trouble :)
I'm cleaning up my server, but you can find some of the mixes I did on this forum here: http://soundcloud.com/stefhartog

• No avatar
May 08, 2012, 11:37:13 AM
hey everyone, I'm new here but I want to try this, seems like fun :)
Newbie question, how far can I go with mixing this? Can I add effects, do automations, slicing, production stuff, adding sounds, maybe change the vibe of some parts the song (just asking what is possible, not necessarily that I want to do it! ) or am I limited to just use these tracks the way they are and use only effects/automations/eq ? Sorry if it seems a strange question but I have never done any mixing contests! And where do I have to send the final mix once finished? thanks!

May 08, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
A tempo of 188 BPM lines up perfectly for me in REAPER... I thought I'd save some folks the trouble :)

Thanks!

May 08, 2012, 02:50:35 PM
hey everyone, I'm new here but I want to try this, seems like fun :)
Newbie question, how far can I go with mixing this? Can I add effects, do automations, slicing, production stuff, adding sounds, maybe change the vibe of some parts the song (just asking what is possible, not necessarily that I want to do it! ) or am I limited to just use these tracks the way they are and use only effects/automations/eq ? Sorry if it seems a strange question but I have never done any mixing contests! And where do I have to send the final mix once finished? thanks!

There aren't any limitations on this contest, so feel free to go crazy with edits, etc. As far as sharing your mix, you can use soundcloud.com, or dropbox.com. Just upload it there, get the link to share, and post the link here!

May 08, 2012, 09:47:06 PM
My TonyPizza mix aka MetalMiller on AndySneap forum ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/929252/The%20One%20-%20TonyPizza%20Mix.mp3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:01:43 PM by TonyPizza »

• No avatar
May 11, 2012, 12:43:45 AM
My TonyPizza mix aka MetalMiller on AndySneap forum ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/929252/The%20One%20-%20TonyPizza%20Mix.mp3

Hey Tony,

I dig how you're giving the song some texture using effects on the leads.

If I might suggest, the start of the song sounds a bit empty. It would help to add some density and space to the section by verbing out the synths and perhaps thickening out the entire mix. I feel like I'm missing the bottom octave and overall density on the bass guitar, which is so vital to help build this song and help establish that groove on the verses.

Don't be afraid to go heavy-handed on overall mix compression in order to bring all the elements together and make the track pump. Any energy we can inject helps a ton.

Consider perhaps clearing the synths and guitars out of the high mids in order to create more breathing space for the vocals. Don't be afraid to go brutal on the drums with parallel compression in order to help beef things up either.

Cheers for the submission. Looking forward to hearing more!