News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Ruff mix, I need some suggestions...  (Read 2321 times)

• No avatar
February 08, 2012, 08:30:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to submit our new work,  before you listen to the file I want tell you that:
1 - the genre is new, someone have defined experimental punk future, but frankly I do not even know what that means, to do some cataloging is a genre that mixes electronics, drum & bass and punk rock.
2 - this is the first mix (ruff mix), I have to finish cleaning the item and put effects on it

I need some advice, but I like the mix seems too "fat" and I wanted some advice. I also have problems with azzittere s "sibilna" the voice, I advise you to do?

The file can be downloaded at the following link
http://www.zshare.net/audio/990204554571f9a1/

February 10, 2012, 05:37:21 AM
I would try to help, but:

"Error 404 - File Not Found

The file you were looking for could not be found, sorry for any inconvenience.

Possible causes of this error could be:

* - The file expired because it was not downloaded for 60 days

* - The file was deleted by its owner

* - The file was deleted by zSHARE because it didn't comply with our Terms of Use

* - The file is a private file that you are not allowed to see, or you are not logged in.

* - Our server turned evil and is now rebelling against us (not likely)
"

;D

• No avatar
February 10, 2012, 08:23:53 PM
good, zshare is not secure server

download a mix at

http://www.brainshocker.it/Brainshocker-10_seconds_versione4.mp3

sorry for the mistake

• No avatar
February 10, 2012, 08:30:44 PM
Overall the mix is fairly decent.  The biggest critique I could give would be the guitar needs some work.  Most of the synth is wide, which sounds great, while the vocals and guitar are very mono.  I bet if you either delayed the left or right by a few samples, or if you processed the guitar differently for the left/right the vocals would push through better.  Also the guitar seems kinda thin when its just the synth and guitar, like after the first vocal part.

I hope that helps.
GW

• No avatar
February 10, 2012, 08:35:35 PM
thank,

this is a good things. I will concetrate my work on guitars and vocals.

• No avatar
February 17, 2012, 09:13:11 PM
One trick I use to help create more of a stereo spread is this:

Pan one guitar hard left, eq'd and compressed as needed

Pan another guitar hard right, eq and compress as needed ... then if the tracks still have a centre image (they are too similar) I'll run a tape delay on this side, 0% feedback, 100% wet, and the delay time somewhere between 10-50ms. Its pretty much exactly the same as the above post saying to delay by a few samples. I just found tape delay to work well because you can also use the warble of the tape to add some color to one side.

Hope that helps!

February 20, 2012, 01:15:47 PM
I couldn't get any of the links to work

Why not post it to the board as an attachment.

CD
We never finish a mix - We simply abandon them.  Adam A7's , Focusrite Pro24 DSP, Focusrite LiquidMix, Presonus FaderPort, Sennheiser HD250 Linear II