News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Cross-Discipline Blog  (Read 1299 times)

• No avatar
November 23, 2011, 06:33:26 AM
Hey all, sorry for the bit of spam.  I just launched a new audio blog that will discuss tips/tricks/techniques in one discipline and how it relates to another area of sound.  I'll be talking about mastering, theatre, dsp programming, composing, film, video games, psychoacoustics etc.

I'm also open to topic ideas, so comment on my site with your thoughts.

www.playbackrecordreinforce.net

November 23, 2011, 11:49:37 PM
Looks pretty interesting!

A little bit different perspective than most of us have, too!

Good luck, I've done a few blogs in the past, and keeping them up is sometimes a challenge!

• No avatar
November 24, 2011, 12:18:42 AM
Hahaha.  Ya I want to try to stay engaged with it.  I already have a list of 8 topics I want to talk about and my plan is to never have that list shorter than 2.

Also I am going to try to get other audio people post blogs of similar topics.  I dont want it to be exclusively from my perspective
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:23:43 AM by gwsounddsg »

• No avatar
December 01, 2011, 12:22:43 AM
A few more postings including a free ear training program I built and I interviewed Gobbler.  If you dont know about this program it's just like dropbox but for your DAW.  Every engineer gotta have this.

December 01, 2011, 06:27:46 PM
Looking good, some good topics so far!

I saw a Gobbler Demo at the Home Recording Boot Camp event they had in January (I think.) The collaborative tools are great, though I believe it requires that you have the same setup on all the systems that are accessing the project. I thought it would be a great way to share files with others in a group, etc.

Haven't tried it out myself yet though!

• No avatar
December 02, 2011, 12:06:58 AM
... though I believe it requires that you have the same setup on all the systems that are accessing the project....

Actually you dont.  I've been on the beta for a few months now and it's pretty hands free.  After speaking with Mike Gitig it looks like they will be improving the scanner algorithm and it will learn from your saving habits.

December 02, 2011, 01:53:33 AM
Cool, my impression was that if I was working on something in Reaper, say, and had a bunch of plug-ins, and wanted to collaborate with another engineer, they'd need to have the same version of Reaper, and the same plug-ins. It'd still be a great tool even with that limitation, of course! And for backing up things, it seems cool, too!