News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Which monitors?  (Read 3276 times)

November 08, 2012, 08:38:30 PM
hi, like all the other say, try to demo both of them. but think about, you´ll need some time to listen to them. my first (hs80m) i heard about 3 years and now i have event opal. i always go back to the yamaha and level the loudness of each track. and you always need a well done room to be excited, equal witch one you take.

greetings, alex

• No avatar
April 30, 2013, 03:24:22 PM
I would buy the Yamaha they are great for the price.
I got the KRK, but i dont really like them. In my view there is too much base in them.

I also godt a pair of Prodipe Ribbon 8, i am really glad for those. But they are only to buy used...

/ RAsmus 

May 02, 2013, 02:49:13 AM
I recently got a pair of Equator Audio D5s, and like them quite a bit. Worth checking out!

May 22, 2013, 06:51:19 PM
I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Yamahas but if you can go for the 8s. In my studio I have Focal Twins and Behringer Behritones and I've always been very pleased with this setup. I went to a friends' studio to try out UAD and did a mix on the Yamahas without ever having heard them. The resulting mix sounded great except that I had not given the track enough top end. Once I compensated for this (did the old ns10 trick of putting tissue on the tweeter because the -2 setting took too much top away) it was smooth sailing. If I couldn't afford my current setup the HS-80s would be what I would get.
Hope this helps 8)
Leo Alvarez Mixer/producer
Soundjunkies productions
"I have a theory that if you aren't a little scared shitless about what you are working on then it isn't worth doing" John Congleton
"Genius is small pieces" Daniel Lanois