News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Telefunken Contest  (Read 24405 times)

November 14, 2011, 09:34:28 AM
lol! Thx John! now plz go vote for us all so we can feel special! ;) ;D

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

• No avatar
November 14, 2011, 12:37:47 PM
lol! Thx John! now plz go vote for us all so we can feel special! ;) ;D

+1

• No avatar
November 15, 2011, 07:07:09 PM
Ah, man. Can´t compete with the guys that invited all their friends, family, relatives,  acquaintances etc to the group... Tried to play that game too, but it´s so exhausting. Feels like this competition was a waste of time from the start...

• No avatar
November 15, 2011, 10:32:25 PM
Ah, man. Can´t compete with the guys that invited all their friends, family, relatives,  acquaintances etc to the group...

and with those who replaced their friends, family, relatives and acquaintances with samples...  ;D ;D ;D

But I agree with Morten... the real competition is for the "2nd prize", which I refuse to consider as 2nd. And even if there were no prizes, it would still be a nice way to get some exposure and to get feedback from the mixes.

But hey, I'm just the guy who made the singer sound like he has a lisp...  ;)

November 17, 2011, 04:21:13 AM
Ah, man. Can´t compete with the guys that invited all their friends, family, relatives,  acquaintances etc to the group... Tried to play that game too, but it´s so exhausting. Feels like this competition was a waste of time from the start...

The moment they announced winning mix is gonna be the one with most accumulated likes I knew it's gonna be like that - I guess we should blame Telefunken and their way of making the competition work...

November 17, 2011, 07:24:57 AM
Hello everyone!  My first post here after a while lurking ... I figured I would register when I had something to say and since I too participated in the Telefunken contest, figured now was the time to make it official at MixOff.Org ... This is my mix over there, and no, I'm not going to win  :'(  ... I'm also looking forward to taking a stab at mixing others from these forums and future mixoffs ... Thanks JohnSuitcase for this resource!  Practice makes perfect ... well, opinionated opinions ...  ;D
Digital mixing and mastering.
http://wombatstudio.org

• No avatar
November 24, 2011, 02:48:49 AM
So, how´s it going for everyone? I´m like 150 "likes" behind the leader... The admin just said that using samples is not allowed, but I don´t know if the ones in the top are using samples. to my ear, they do. There´s a lot of mis-triggers, sudden velocity changes in the kick drum etc, but what do I know...

November 24, 2011, 07:24:38 AM
Dont know!, really not following it anymore..... as soon as the contest got underway it was clear what the purpose was so I dropped all support for the contest right there and then!.

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

• No avatar
November 27, 2011, 10:23:49 AM
Quote from: Telefunken Noobs
ADDITIONAL NOTES:

You are not only the mixer, you are the producer of the mix so there are no rules and no limits to what you can do creatively - though you may not re-track or add any parts.

Sorry for me this doesn't sound you are not allowed to supplement the snare wich was weak and lame anyways and is more of a soundshaping technics than really adding something new. this whole contest is a fraud to me. I am glad i didn't submit my mix there.
They should have exactly listed what is allowed to do and what is not.
When you listen to the rough mix they posted than you can hear that the snare is completely replaced.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:34:51 AM by novikthewise »

December 02, 2011, 07:24:55 PM
Posted by Matthew Nuttycombe ~1:30pm EST: (2nd was basically the 2nd amount of LIKEs)

Congrats to the REMIX THE BREW contest winners!

Prize Pack #1 – CU-29 Copperhead
The mix made by Mauri Soundroom Protools Pinna has been selected by the recording community via Facebook. Mauri’s mix commanded over 850 “LIKES” by the deadline of midnight December 2nd, 2011. His mix can be heard here:
http://soundcloud.com/soundroom-1/brew-remis-master

Prize Pack #2 – M80 Dynamic and The Brew merchandise pack (CDs, DVDs, T-shirts, etc)
A mix made by Arek Wielgosik has caught the attention of The Brew and has been selected as the 2nd winner. His mix can be heard here:
http://soundcloud.com/arekwielgosik/brew-mix

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik would like to thank all the participants in our first ever REMIX contest. We have learned a great deal about our loyal and dedicated customers through this contest and plan to host another in early 2012.

A note regarding the rules:
We understand that the use of external audio samples may have enhanced some the submitted mixes. In the future, clearer guidelines will be laid out to prevent confusion in regards to this topic. However, the goal laid out at the start of the contest stated the following:

“You are the producer of the final mix, so please feel free to use all of your talents and skills to try to best capture the emotion of the band and the song in your presentation.”

The two winners announced above successfully captured the emotion and vibe required to win over both The Brew and the recording public who are currently part of the remix group.

We plan to have additional mix contests in the future with more ways to win TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik merchandise! If you haven't done already, be sure to "Like" TELEFUNKEN Electroakustik (http://www.facebook.com/TelefunkenElektroakustik) and join the mailing list to keep updated on more contests like this.

Happy Engineering, Recording and Mixing
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik
Digital mixing and mastering.
http://wombatstudio.org