News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Nearfield Monitors  (Read 1394 times)

• No avatar
October 06, 2011, 09:51:49 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and am very excited about having the opportunity to post mixes / reviews etc, so thanks all for making this possible !  I am currently moving house and am planning a seperate studio space which will enable me to create dedicated control room / mixing space, which brings me onto the subject of studio nearfield monitors.

For some reason I am drawn towards the KRK VXT8's - I think this is a result of working in several studios that use the KRK Expose E8B ( on occasion with KRK Ergo ) and sound awsome ! ( I know that the VXT8's are not going to sound like the Expose - given the significant price difference )

Has anybody spent any time with the VXT8's ?

I appreciate that there are many alternatives in this price range (approx £1000) so would be open to any recommended alternatives that I can add to a short list to demo.

• No avatar
October 07, 2011, 04:46:29 AM
I have the VXT 6's and I love them. The main difference between the 6's and 8's is the bass response. More bass response on the 8's of course. The thing is I couldn't really imagine needing more bass than what the 6's currently offer especially with a sub being added.

In the end I think you will love them. I have the notch for the HFShelf bumped up because they can come off a tad bit lacking in the highs.

Other than that I think you will love them. Be sure to check out Guitar Center they were clearing out a lot of VXT speakers.

October 07, 2011, 06:39:39 AM
Hello and welcome.
Monitor choice is a tough one, but what helps is to demo a few pairs as you say yourself. But what I want to point out is you should mix on them rather then just listen to them!!!.
Take the same mix and mix it on the different monitors and see which pair makes your vision come out the easiest/best way.
Now take the mix to a consumer stereo and see if it translates well, aswell.

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865