News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Wig spam post  (Read 1315 times)

October 04, 2011, 08:48:24 AM
In: Help with your files forum and Wolrd Mix Off forum and Other Mix Off forum
Doesnt this forum have an option to turn Bots Off!! or an options so you cant auto register!!.

Salvation Army
            bringing music to the people
                       since 1865

October 04, 2011, 07:48:52 PM
Removed posts and banned user.

Right now, the registration requires email verification, and I have anti-spam plugs installed. Unfortunately, if someone wants to take the time to register and post spam, the only remedy is to delete the posts and ban the user.

Thanks for alerting me to their presence!

October 05, 2011, 10:36:34 PM
John:
What would be the best way to report these spams for you? I've pushed the "report to moderator" and added "spam" in the description. Is that perhaps unnecessary?

And we also have this spam notifications sub-forum. I feel that you respond much more quickly to these. I put a quotation here because someone else did
also regarding a previous spam post. Is it useful?

I guess I'm just asking some more accurate protocol to report these to you, and that it would very simple for you to delete these adbots.

"You don't go to a record school to go to courses, you go to record school to record there!"
http://soundcloud.com/spede-1

October 06, 2011, 02:55:47 AM
Posting here is best for me, since spam notifications sometimes get lost in my email. Quoting the message is helpful, as it makes it easy to find the user, too! I removed the quote message, since it had the keywords and link that the spammer is trying to get, and I don't want them to be encouraged by seeing the message, even if it's just in this spam subsection!.