News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Anyone know where I can find...  (Read 5110 times)

• No avatar
October 11, 2011, 05:05:11 PM
Some of the mixes on this sight seem to have some songs that were well recorded. Also i think it bears to keep in mind that all pros aren't pros. Many or are less than "pros" do very well and even better comparatively.

A site that can help is Find a Remix Contest. They have professionally recorded stems. Just grab them from old contests. They are there for dance remixes but you can just mix them straight up and then compare what you get to the original band.  (After hearing some I am even more convinced that "pro" is a relative term)

There are some very well recorded and tracked songs on this site.

Examples are Favrite in the Country remix folder , We Dem People in the World folder and Good Times in the Rock folder
Equipment-Trends Micro amp w/ Paradigm Export speakers ports covered.  Use Fx EQ for  studio room issue fix.  Also use Klipsch S4 & Sennheiser HD-280 phones - home stereo= AMC 3030 tube amp, Triangle Celius 202 speakers & Behringer para EQ for room nodes-laptop=HP 8430 w/Digigram VXPocket & Reaper

October 11, 2011, 05:19:12 PM
Some of the mixes on this sight seem to have some songs that were well recorded. Also i think it bears to keep in mind that all pros aren't pros. Many or are less than "pros" do very well and even better comparatively.

A site that can help is Find a Remix Contest. They have professionally recorded stems. Just grab them from old contests. They are there for dance remixes but you can just mix them straight up and then compare what you get to the original band.  (After hearing some I am even more convinced that "pro" is a relative term)

There are some very well recorded and tracked songs on this site.

Examples are Favrite in the Country remix folder , We Dem People in the World folder and Good Times in the Rock folder

If I may add to your list, the "Renegade" -mixoff (which is actually named "riffs... any takers?" in the Rock section) are one the best multitracks on this
site IMO. Amazing recording and playing quality :) The only real problem I found on that multitrack were that the kick was slammed little too hard on tape
(Yes, drums tracked to tape ) so there's little less impact from the low end.
"You don't go to a record school to go to courses, you go to record school to record there!"
http://soundcloud.com/spede-1

• No avatar
October 11, 2011, 05:23:08 PM
Thanks

I only mentioned the ones I had heard. I had not worked my way to Renegade yet but it is now on my list.
Equipment-Trends Micro amp w/ Paradigm Export speakers ports covered.  Use Fx EQ for  studio room issue fix.  Also use Klipsch S4 & Sennheiser HD-280 phones - home stereo= AMC 3030 tube amp, Triangle Celius 202 speakers & Behringer para EQ for room nodes-laptop=HP 8430 w/Digigram VXPocket & Reaper

• No avatar
October 11, 2011, 06:24:20 PM
might have to check that out.. I'm learning alot from the recordings here.. In the practice realm the tracks people are offering are really decent.. some are problematic, but that's how it is when your a mix engineer.. It will make you a better tracking engineer if you recognize what problems your having, and what about the capture was problematic... and you also get a fair idea what you can, and cant do.... Now what would be nice is to have downloadable mixes from commercial artists in OMF format.. I'd love to study some of those..

• No avatar
October 19, 2011, 11:23:56 PM
I haven´t mixed any songs recorded in a pro studio with amazing gear, but as a musician, I have been recording in great studios and attended mixing sessions. What I can say about that, is that the big difference is there´s less fixing with the mixing, but still, the raw tracks usually doesn´t sound that amazing before the mixer starts mixing. But it´s nicer to mix when there´s less fixing...

October 20, 2011, 08:16:16 AM
You can find some professional recordings at techbreakfast.com

SNIP

I can vouch for those. Tony Shepperd is a friend of mine, and an excellent engineer. Try to get both DVDs.

Cheers