News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: What about categorizing between Project and Professionally recorded tracks?  (Read 1138 times)

• No avatar
September 27, 2011, 02:42:11 AM
To clarify it would be great to have a separation between tracks that were recorded with high end gear and project equipment. 

Personally I would love to get my hands on some tracks that were recorded by seasoned players, in a top notch studio to see what I could do with them.  I can get enough poorly recorded tracks to battle with if ya know what I mean  :o

September 27, 2011, 04:23:51 PM
Haha, well, if people want to identify their tracks as 'pro' they are welcome to, but at this point there aren't enough mixoffs to warrant such a division, I don't think. And that's kind of a grey area, anyway, not something that is easily discernible. If you're hoping to find better quality tracks, I'd suggest listening to the rough mixes, and asking for details of the recording process, if they're not included.

• No avatar
September 27, 2011, 08:06:32 PM
Yeah John you're probably right it might be difficult to categorize them.  However, maybe there could be 'Project Studio' section and a 'Professional' section (or tab) where people could post tracks.  As the site grows that might be a possibility along with promoting other pro studios to get involved.  Just a thought.  Thanks for the consideration!