News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Looking for ideas to promote the forum, please make suggestions!  (Read 5567 times)

March 23, 2011, 01:10:00 AM
If you REALLY want to get this forum up there...go here:

www.autobacklinkservice.com

Chose the phrases mix off, practice mixing and online mixing. I can find a couple others for you.

Worth every penny my good man. I didn't appear in search results at all for music mixing,
a couple weeks later I was on page 2 of google for it and now I'm on page 1. :)

The great thing is you get 100 backlinks for each of those keywords @35.00 a piece, that's some
of the best SEO service (and cheapest and non-black hat) that you can get. I have a few more keywords
I plan to do the same for in the future, probably next month.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:15:11 AM by AstralPStudios »

• No avatar
April 13, 2011, 04:55:51 PM
Hi everyone

Backlinks ar not very useful in terms of google

A good way to promote it would be SEO (Search engine optimization) ... you will need to optimize the forum mainly for google, in order to get listed in its "Phrase Search Results".

I believe many people out there are looking for this kind of resources ..so, if you manage to "guess" what this people would type in google, and you optimize the website in relation to that, than you'll get on the first pages of google and it'll be easier for people to find the website!

also, there's not much competition for the phrases/words you need to optimize the site, so, it won't be too hard to get at the 1st page of google.

Sorry about my english..i hope it's clear! ;)

October 18, 2011, 12:11:54 AM
First off, find out what is working already before we try something new. When people register give them an option to ask them how they discovered the board and a little about themselves. I was just referred here by someone on Gearslutz, which is a good starting point for now, and I will put a link to the board in my signature.

By far the biggest market for this board are students at audio or music schools, studio interns and assistant engineers. Anyone who goes to school with students who are interested in audio, should be encouraged to mention the board to friends. If anyone here is a teacher or mentor to someone interested in audio, they should be encouraged to discuss it as a place where young engineers can get feedback on their projects and learn to become better mixers in general.The Internet is cool, but real life references trump everything. John you live in Phoenix, AZ - consider going to that Conservatory of Recording Sciences school in nearby Tempe (http://www.audiorecordingschool.com/index.html) and leaving a stack of posters around advertising the board.

This place will grow, even if it's slowly. I see this when I log in:

Most Online Today: 37. Most Online Ever: 46 (October 12, 2011, 08:39:03 AM)

The fact that the peak of activity was 5 days ago means this place isn't on the decline and the members are still active. That's good; as long as those members continue to come here and post up, eventually people will find the place; even with no promotion they will somehow stumble upon it. I say we include a section where folks can just discuss music in general, and watch as those numbers grow as people find a topic discussing their favorite band or engineers production techniques.You can't Google a piece of gear without a topic on Gearslutz popping up discussing it; once the database fills with chatter, the snowball will get rolling and it will basically promote itself.

EDIT:

I've been here poking around for 5 minutes and I already like the idea of the board, I will continue to be active and refer friends who will hopefully come to the same conclusion I have and refer friends of their own.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:17:56 AM by Cereal_Killer »

October 18, 2011, 02:44:44 AM
That's a good idea, putting some flyers at the conservatory! I've emailed a couple people I know over there, but you're really relying on them to spread the word, which I don't know that they will. I imagine teachers at any community college recording program would be interested in a resource like this, too.

I've added a couple of subforums dedicated to general discussions of mixing and control room setup, but they aren't terribly active. There's some really good advice in there, but it's not a place where people do a lot of chatting. I suppose I could create a more general discussion area, but I feel like Gearslutz, Tapeop, etc have that covered. My hope is to keep this site fairly narrow but deep, with lots of good advice, backed up by real examples. Of course, that makes the barrier to posting kinda high! People need to download tracks, mix them, then post them to have anything to share!

I'm pretty happy with the growth of the site, all things considered. Anything to encourage good growth with quality members, and to maintain the positive cooperative vibe I'm happy with!

October 18, 2011, 11:58:09 AM
That's a good idea, putting some flyers at the conservatory! I've emailed a couple people I know over there, but you're really relying on them to spread the word, which I don't know that they will. I imagine teachers at any community college recording program would be interested in a resource like this, too.

I've added a couple of subforums dedicated to general discussions of mixing and control room setup, but they aren't terribly active. There's some really good advice in there, but it's not a place where people do a lot of chatting. I suppose I could create a more general discussion area, but I feel like Gearslutz, Tapeop, etc have that covered. My hope is to keep this site fairly narrow but deep, with lots of good advice, backed up by real examples. Of course, that makes the barrier to posting kinda high! People need to download tracks, mix them, then post them to have anything to share!

I'm pretty happy with the growth of the site, all things considered. Anything to encourage good growth with quality members, and to maintain the positive cooperative vibe I'm happy with!

Cool bro! I'm long out of school, but know a few assistant engineers and like the board so I will definitely try to do what I can. Yeah I think pamphlets are a good idea, and if you just walked in and casually spoke to one of the deans at the school, I'm sure they wouldn't be against it, especially because it will give their school more exposure to have many of their students here discussing what they are learning, with no sort of commitment on their behalf other than hosting a stack of papers on the front desk. It's also cheap! You can organize some text on a background in iPaint in 10 minutes with no experience, and press a bunch of them for about what you are making off the Google ads alone.

You're right in that too much general chatter will kill the whole idea of a mixing forum, and that's why I was thinking more of a section where people can discuss techniques of current situations, such as how everyone feels about Band Name Here's new polished sound, a video of how Engineer X mixed such and such an album. I think the show Pensado's Place is a good example of how interested people are in the techniques of who we would call "professionals." I found myself on youtube one afternoon looking up how Dave Bendeth recorded that absolutely perfect, sexy snare on Paramore's RIOT! album. I would kill people for that thing as a sample.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:21:47 PM by Cereal_Killer »