News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: NEW here NEW to mixing Please offer some feedback  (Read 844 times)

• No avatar
June 22, 2016, 03:24:27 PM
Hey all,

Its a pleasure to be a part of the community! Even though I'm in the infancy stages of mixing I feel like I'm picking it up pretty well for a newbie.  Please check out my soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/mikeyshyne/boulevard-of-broken-dreams

I've mixed & mastered Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Medicine, The Want, Sweet Love and Over It (Ghost). 

The rest were done in a professional studio by a Billboard #1 charting producer/engineer.

ANY feedback is greatly appreciated thank you!!!

June 22, 2016, 08:39:51 PM
hi mikeyshynemusic,

great Mix!!....every Element is well defined and you mixed the Song with great depth and width=)
I love your "low end" especially your "Subbass". How did you managed to mix this Area ? (Hard or Software wise)

As Suggestion....i would try to "lower" the Lead Vocal a few dB.....

Keep it up!
Gordon

June 29, 2016, 05:48:41 PM

https://soundcloud.com/mikeyshyne/boulevard-of-broken-dreams

Hi Mikey! Arrangement and mix is good. I like the vocal reverb in the beginning, but it seems like a little too much later on when the mix gets denser. AND... you have to tune the vocals. 15 mins of Melodyne and the whole mix will sound a lot better.

• No avatar
July 15, 2016, 04:24:49 AM
Hello Mickey,

I have taken the time to review your mix "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and for the most part its solid.  Well written and expressed. The arrangement of the music is solid.  The vocals are a little out of tune in areas, nothing a few minutes on melodeon couldn't fix.  The stereo field is nice and spacious.  The dynamics of the track seem to be about on par.  I think maybe taming the vocal a little more with eq, compression and maybe just some nice micro automation would do the trick on this as well. I found that, over all, the reverb was a little too much over the entirety of the track, maybe automate the reverb to ride in and out in relative parts.  Also you could consider a nice delay to automate in some of the sections as oppose to depending on the reverb to carry the vocal out, this could reduce the amount of reverb being use over the entire track and give it more dynamics as well.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

John