News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Mixoff Contest with Mike Senior - Win Mike's New Book!  (Read 189254 times)

April 19, 2011, 12:17:29 PM
Here is my mix:
http://snd.sc/eyxZRK
Juerg

Can't download the track -- can you enable the download link please, Juerg? Thanks!
Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio
A complete mixing method based around the techniques of the world's most famous producers.
Free Mixing Resources On-line!

April 19, 2011, 12:20:21 PM
So there is my Final Mix, hope you guys like it, and also the band.
http://soundcloud.com/aidjeen/young-griffo-blood-to-bone

Ditto the download link.
A complete mixing method based around the techniques of the world's most famous producers.

April 19, 2011, 12:51:40 PM
Hi i'm new at mixing and just found this forum. sorry i'm kind of late for the critique but if enyone
has eny feedback it would be nice to hear. here is my mix hope you like it?here it is....http://soundcloud.com/chico11/youngblood-1

Hmm. This link seems to be dead. Can you repost (remembering to activate the download link)?
Cheers

April 19, 2011, 12:53:12 PM

April 19, 2011, 02:34:43 PM
Great idea on the 'short list poll'. once you have a list, I'll set up another thread with the poll.

Thanks again to Mike and Young Griffos, and everyone who took the time to post a mix or two! This has been a great experience for me and I think we all have learned a lot. Feel free to post comments on other mixes at this point, if you like, Since the contest entry period is over, no new mixes will be considered, but that doesn't mean you can't post them just to get input from other members (though I don't know that you'll get the level of insight Mike provided with his amazing critiques!)

And if you don't win the book, I highly recommend picking up a copy, I just finished reading it, and it's loaded with great tips and techniques, but more importantly provides a nice logical framework and methodology for mixing a commercial-quality product. And it's full of Mike's great writing, to boot!

Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio

Now we can await the results from Mike & the band!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:19:34 PM by JohnSuitcase »

• No avatar
April 19, 2011, 02:58:30 PM
Yea thanks for the contest.  Enjoyed throwing together a mix.

• No avatar
April 19, 2011, 03:09:42 PM
Can you fix the link to buy the book, it's broke  ;)

Great idea on the 'short list poll'. once you have a list, I'll set up another thread with the poll.

Thanks again to Mike and Young Griffos, and everyone who took the time to post a mix or two! This has been a great experience for me and I think we all have learned a lot. Feel free to post comments on other mixes at this point, if you like, Since the contest entry period is over, no new mixes will be considered, but that doesn't mean you can't post them just to get input from other members (though I don't know that you'll get the level of insight Mike provided with his amazing critiques!)

And if you don't win the book, I highly recommend picking up a copy, I just finished reading it, and it's loaded with great tips and techniques, but more importantly provides a nice logical framework and methodology for mixing a commercial-quality product. And it's full of Mike's great writing, to boot!

Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio

Now we can await the results from Mike & the band!

April 19, 2011, 03:21:01 PM
Can you fix the link to buy the book, it's broke  ;)

Should be fixed now! Still not a master of BBcode. ;D

April 19, 2011, 07:14:30 PM
hi!
I have not made my final mix yet)
so...thank you Mike, John, Young Griffos and all the folks here!
you were very helpful!

about my only one mix. There're no samples. The mix was started on monitors and ended in headphones...

April 19, 2011, 07:37:21 PM
John: what would you say about maybe hosting a poll based on that shortlist too? The results would provide some interesting extra insight for everyone -- including the band, I'd have thought. (For the sake of practicality, though, it might make sense to have the poll thread locked against replies in some way so that we keep people's comments consolidated on this thread.)
yes, thats a great idea! maybe its beneficial here to just name the mixes like: mix1, mix2, ..., mixN  & adjust the levels so they (roughly) have equal volume/loudness & nobody is confused by the louder=better thing?
if you need help on that, pls let me know!