News:

Please begin sharing multitrack files as FLAC files. Read more here!

Author Topic: Mixoff Contest with Mike Senior - Win Mike's New Book!  (Read 215680 times)

April 06, 2011, 11:44:41 AM
Hi there,
my name is Dirk, I´m from germany

Well I´m a bit late I guess :-(

After 3 hours mixing I stopped finishing it, cause i read that april 4th was the last date for uploading...
Its not finish yet but I post it anyways :-)

"deleted the last mix ... final version on next page :-)"

Dirk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:44:19 AM by DirkZuber »

April 06, 2011, 04:38:15 PM
Hi Dirk,

You can still upload a mix, but Mike isn't accepting any more for critique, as he has a pretty good backlog. But your mix will be considered for the contest, of course!

April 06, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
Hi there

Ouups, missed the deadline too.  :o
Anyway, this track was fun too mix.  :D

Here is my mix:

http://snd.sc/eyxZRK

Feedback is very welcome
Juerg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:23:25 AM by Studio Cat »

• No avatar
April 06, 2011, 10:59:28 PM
Hi, Mike,

thanks once again for your great advice. here's my revised mix, just for the sake of it.
some may find a part of it a bit inspired by mrtuesday's... they may also be right ;)

cheers!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24873953/YoungGriffo_BloodToBone_stickfigure_mix_v3.mp3.mp3

April 07, 2011, 10:49:55 AM
So this is my final mix ....

There are still some things I´m not 100% happy with...

But right now I would show the mix to the band and it would be their call to say what they want to change in the mix :-)
I didn´t change too many things, cause I think there are so many things you could do that it is impossible to determin what the band really wants to be done with the mix !

Thanks for the possibility to mix this song !!!
This is a great forum.

www.polyphon-recording.de/_uploads/BloodToBone-Dirk-Finalmix.mp3

Dirk

• No avatar
April 08, 2011, 09:19:53 AM
Hello there,

Here is my mix. I hope everybody will enjoy it!!v ;D

Thanks

http://www.4shared.com/audio/yRWX7xJ2/Young_griffo_cahya.html

• No avatar
April 08, 2011, 02:00:51 PM
Hi There guys!

So there is my Final Mix, hope you guys like it, and also the band.

http://soundcloud.com/aidjeen/young-griffo-blood-to-bone

See you guys.

April 08, 2011, 11:06:24 PM

April 09, 2011, 12:10:34 AM
Just wanted to say - Your book arrived today Mike and its awesome so far - I'm on the road this weekend and will probably read the whole thing (as my wife is the driver for this trip :))

FYI, the reasonable price tag on it was a huge selling feature compared to some of the hardcover industry tome's out there - which I've shied away from to date for that exact reason. I would wager this contest and review process you're undertaking certainly helped your sales too (did for me at least).

Cheers
Josh Maitland - Red Room Recordings
Running Cubase 5 on the Tascam US-1800
http://www.wix.com/maitlandjosh/redroomrecordings#!

April 09, 2011, 12:42:23 PM
Suitcase....Hope you blog along the wait...This contest is the "Shizzle!" and "The EveryDay Dizzle" knows it...(Trixter,"Hear!" Produced by Bill Way, 1992)

"Mixoff.org...Best Website on the Planet!" -MiXit 2011

"Aftershock" (Van Halen's "Balance" Produced by Bruce Fairbairn at 5150 Studios, 1995)

Thank You for the "Appreciation" and "Respect" for the "Mix Community". (Tesla, "Anything", 2011 -Audio Monkey)

Mr. Mike Senior...

It's hard to please everybody...but at the same time...Not everyone can be Pleased...(Skid Row, "Slave To The Grind" Produced by Michael Wagener, 1991)

"Everyone wants to be a Producer but not everyone can Produce." (Audio Monkey, 2011)

We all have different setups but the one thing we all have in common is we all did our best with what we have...some only have one headphone monitor that works between the hours of 7pm and 12:30am. Others have full blown systems that sound amazing, other people are told our monitors aren't good enough and it's time to invest is something smarter. Or...our time is crucial (just like everyone else's) and we put out something that we're not proud of but again our time is limited so we settle.

Your opinions are amazing and spot on (Gordon Ramsey, Kitchen Nightmares) but yet getting blurry with all the revisions you listen too.
One of the things that really got me going was the fact that I was doing this for the Client....and if I'm correct, the Client has logged on and was super happy about the responses to their song getting mixed...Now, I know your book is the prize, but if there wasn't the bands' music to mix we'd all feel like a "Failure" and your book would be irrelevant. So I guess what I'm asking is when is Young Griffo gonna pick the Mix (Producer) (not just "Failure") for their album, and if so when is the expected date?

Your one man listening to thousands of mixes....in addition, who's not to say the best mix wins has a write up in Sound On Sound (reason why it's the best mix)?

I propose the best mix...mixes the other tracks for the album which you are producing (Young Griffo, Produced by Mike Senior, 2011)

Much love to my Mixheads...Including you Mike!

-Monkey

P.S. I ain't changin' shit! I love my subs! Keepin' it deep, down and dirty!

Mix It!